Unban Appeal
Thread Title Format: 
AutismPrime banned by vilva-something

Thread Body Format: 

Who banned you?: - vilva - etc etc
Byond Key: - AutismPrime
Discord Username: - I dont use discord much im Senileanimals btw
Date of Ban: - idk like a couple days ago 
Specified Reason for Ban: - 100% intentional griefing of the RP server, making multiple TTVs and detonating them in medbay with zero roleplaying. Reread the rules before you come back to play on the server. Update: I actually appreciate your ban evasion attempts here because it makes it much easier to do this. Have a permaban, see you on the forums someday. Hopefully never.
Ban Length: - permanent
What led to the ban?: - I am new and I was grinding how to make bombs as a non-antag scientist, saw a guide on how to make em and tried to replicate it, then i took said bombs to medbay and tried to rp a med/science challenge so people would have time to get out or even tell me no stop that. after a while i detonated the bombs resulting in medbay gone. I got prosecuted by the crew and tried to pleage insanity (IC) while OOC I admitted immediately i fucked up and i was sorry.
Why am I appealing?: - I understand i griefed (as i said i immediately said to admin i fucked up) and i did that because I am a new player and I am still understanding this stuff; i didnt know that ttv were so fucking strong and i now understand the value of the test chamber. I was never an asshole or talked to admin in a disrespectful way btw so i dont understand all the hostilty from them. when this happened they immediately wrote to me in a passive agressive tone and as you can also see from the ban notes with "Hopefully never" when i immediately apologised and stated i had no excuse so uhm theres that. As i said i am a new player so im still figuring out this stuff this game can be overwhelming sorry for griefing and self antag.
Which rule did you break?: -griefing
Evasion Attempts: - a couple
Edit: Next time im working with bombs if the council decides positively on my faith i will definetely tell the admin before i try anything dangerous
Hi there, I was the one that initially banned you for blowing the hell out of medbay on RP as a non-antagonist with TTVs. Your initial ban was 3.5 days, of which is a minuscule ban length considering you were also breaking rule 4 on top of rule 1, not to mention the myriad of RP rules you broke. Immediately after your ban, you attempted to evade with a new ckey, and then continued trying to evade.

Another admin upped your ban to a perma and added the edit note after you tried to evade with these two wonderful ckeys: "rartd" and "valvimodialreadyevadedretard". That on top of your original pretty bad ckey I'm going to go with no, I'm not lifting your ban at this time. Read the rules, get a more appropriate account name, then appeal this no earlier than a week from now and I'll consider it then.

I'll let the other admin chime in if they want to add anything else.
(04-08-2021, 09:49 AM)virvatuli Wrote: Hi there, I was the one that initially banned you for blowing the hell out of medbay on RP as a non-antagonist with TTVs. Your initial ban was 3.5 days, of which is a minuscule ban length considering you were also breaking rule 4 on top of rule 1, not to mention the myriad of RP rules you broke. Immediately after your ban, you attempted to evade with a new ckey, and then continued trying to evade.

Another admin upped your ban to a perma and added the edit note after you tried to evade with these two wonderful ckeys: "rartd" and "valvimodialreadyevadedretard". That on top of your original pretty bad ckey I'm going to go with no, I'm not lifting your ban at this time. Read the rules, get a more appropriate account name, then appeal this no earlier than a week from now and I'll consider it then.

I'll let the other admin chime in if they want to add anything else.

tbh you guys upped me to a permanent after the first time i got in as "rartd", and there were basically no confrontation whatsoever before you banned me. "valviomdialreadyevadedretard" was my salt reaction to the permanent and it was also true that i succeded in evasion but figured that this would be the best or at least more mature way to go about it lol

See you in a week i guess virvatuli. no grudges and the ban was indeed deserved

the council decided bad ending for me see you in a while reader bingining through the ban appeals
I'm the asshole admin who decided to turn this into a permaban.

I first started looking into it cause I thought a half a week was kind of harsh for a first ban and maybe virvatuli was in the wrong. After I caught up on what all happened I thought it was actually pretty fair and was ready to leave it alone. Then you tried to beat the ban.

When you came back and tried to get around the ban it made me think you're kind of an ass. I'd be happier if you are not an ass, I support treating players kindly if they make an honest mistake and giving them chances, but the point of being an admin is to protect genuine honest players from random outsiders coming in to fuck up their fun.

It's hard to tell the two apart. Right now I think you're the random outsider coming in to fuck up our server. I still want to give you the benefit of the doubt and not assume the worst about you but you look like the sort of person I want to protect our players from dealing with.
(04-08-2021, 10:07 AM)magic mountain Wrote: I'm the asshole admin who decided to turn this into a permaban.

I first started looking into it cause I thought a half a week was kind of harsh for a first ban and maybe virvatuli was in the wrong. After I caught up on what all happened I thought it was actually pretty fair and was ready to leave it alone. Then you tried to beat the ban.

When you came back and tried to get around the ban it made me think you're kind of an ass. I'd be happier if you are not an ass, I support treating players kindly if they make an honest mistake and giving them chances, but the point of being an admin is to protect genuine honest players from random outsiders coming in to fuck up their fun.

It's hard to tell the two apart. Right now I think you're the random outsider coming in to fuck up our server. I still want to give you the benefit of the doubt and not assume the worst about you but you look like the sort of person I want to protect our players from dealing with.
Hey dude dont worry I'm glad you explained your point..

I was indeed an ass as much as maybe you could have made me more of an asshole than i indeed am.
shit happens whatev dont worry you did your job we are human beings and bans are there for this reason, hopefully to make us realize when we do wrong and not to exclude people so its always sad to see a perma and i understand you guys must see a lot of assholes. I am an ass maybe but I can improve and I still don't think im that kind of asshole tho. Probably just people marketing this game as grief galore when in reality its another entire universe and i'd like to be a part of that in the future
see ya in a week
that seems like some genuine honesty and im glad to see it. yeah, see you in a week