HoS Application
Usual character name: Corporate Shill.
BYOND username: Chayot.
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Chayot.
Recommended by (if applicable): Flourish.
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 1 Classic: Heisenbee. 

Reason for application: I happen to love being a baton-Swinging grunt. 
All said, the mere presence of an HoS is an encouragement to the crew and Security Department alike. 

Security experience (300 word minimum): Can't remember how long I've been playing. Started in SEC, played in SEC almost purely ever since. All that I know, I learned through playing Security. 
Served extensively under OMJ. For better or worse. I enjoyed his presence greatly.
I find combat to be appealing. Though I often lose. I enjoy a good death. 

As SEC I'd say our responsibilities entail keeping peace on the station.
More than that, I feel as though the half of our job is making the round fun for Antags, too. 
Once rendered Docile, Peace is attained. That is our only role in the matter.

Every situation is different so I can't say what really is right or wrong. 
I wouldn't say leniency nor kindness to be my approach.
I simply follow the Space-Law as a guideline, resolving matters as fair and unbiased as possible. 
As long as it works in Nanotrasen's favor, of course. 

Some negative traits. I'm mean to borgs, animals, and the AI. I find it amusing. Some may find it offensive. 
At times it's been said I'm too lenient. I wouldn't agree, though that's not for me to say. 
I often abandon my SEC-Uniform in favor of something discrete. This has been regarded as power-gaming. Say as you will. 
Not uncommonly, will I end up fighting my entire SEC-team. I don't know what to say of this. It happens. 
it is not uncommon that I gun down and arrest my own team members, much to their great displeasure. 
At times, a simple arrest may devolve into me fighting several crewmembers at once. So I can understand if there are experiences of me "beating up crew" for no reason.

If anyone has any bad experiences with me, please speak up. I'd like to what I'm doing wrong, too.
I'll address any concerns asked of me. Otherwise, I'll refrain from posting in my own application as I find it unbecoming. 

Otherwise, It may be meritless for me to speak of my own positive traits. Let others speak. 

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? Do not abuse the crew. Do whatever you want. But also be ready to face the consequences of your actions. 
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) 
    >Be: me. Mommy's big special handsome boy. Playing SEC, Solo.
    >Gearing up for the round, stuffing my face with donuts as some poo-eater Staffie knocks at the door. 
    >"Hey buddy you're all alone huh? Don't worry, I'll help you out. I'm gonna ask the Ling out on a date, help me bust him!" he calls out to me. 
    >"whatever snowflake." Hand him some Flashes, a pair of cuffs, and a donut. He skips off. Great, back to business.
    >Just then Detective walks in. I know what he's here for. We eye each other up. This isn't going to go end for either of us. 
    /FFW 5 mins. 
    >The tension in the air is distinctly one of aggression. I'm pissed. The Detective is being mean and we're down to our last donut. I refuse to share. Just then, a Knock at the door. 
    >Poo-eater arrives. He scored a date with a potential Ling. Space-diner, 10 minutes from now. Detective is Hyped and says, "That's a great idea!" They enter the SEC pod hangar and start entering their vehicles. 
    >Snatch the last donut b/c Detective only cares about "justice" but fails to realize the sole reason to being SEC is having access to the Donut monopoly. Dumbass. 
    >We arrive at Space-Diner. Warm milk and fresh space-cookies are set out on the table. I shove the detective into a nearby foot-locker because the lack of donuts in his system renders him WEAK and INFERIOR. 
    >"Hey great idea Shill! You two should hide!" the poo-eater exclaims.  
    >Yeah okay. Pull another locker into the middle of the room and step inside. 
    >Soon, a slimy greasy bastard enters the room. He brought a box of balloons for them to play with. Sick bastard. 
    >"So you wanted to join the hivemind huh?" The slimy grease-bastard steps closer to our would-be victim. 
    >"Y-yeah haha I have some laundry over here to fold, why don't you try the cookies? They're great!" Poo-eater is clearly flustered by his aggression and takes a few steps back.
    >That was good enough for the detective. He slithers out of the foot-locker, "YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT! ANYTHING YOU SAY CAN AND WILL-" The whole jib. 
    >Go time. I kick the locker open, "DOWN ON THE GROUND!!! GET DOWN ON THE FUCKING FUCKING GROUND!!!!"
    Baton and taze the shit out of him.
    >"STOP RESISTING!!!!!!"  I cry out as we all take turns helping him understand why meeting strangers you met over the party line is a bad idea. Sprinkle some space-meth and plant a gun for good measure. 
    >After we run out of ammo I kick him into the port-a-brig. Nobody is hurt or stung because the good space-lord has protected us in his great mercy on our righteous endeavor. 
    >"Fantastic! You guys did great!" The Poo-eater and Detective are happy. They exchange excited dances amidst a flurry of high-fives. but my baton hungers for more. 
    I don't remember what we did with the Ling, I think Detective took care of it. He was pretty experienced and reliable.  
    (The guy we brought justice down upon was definitely a Ling from post-round results.)
    And if you're wondering, Yes. Poo-eater really set out cookies and milk.
    Slimy grease-bastard brought balloons. WHY? No clue. It was funny.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? As of late, significant additions have been made to Security. Even the nerfs. All of which I've personally appreciated greatly. The only thing I would like to see changed is not requiring an HoS in-game for NTSO to join. It was always cool having no HoS, but an NTSO to assist.
    It brought about a certain atmosphere. 
    Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.  As the sole SEC, I often take up disguises. I give frequent Updates to AI and CAP over SEC radio.
    In a group, I update my team with regard to arrest status' or my current position when I find time, remember, or feel I am about to enter a dangerous situation. 
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? I lack the skill to do it. Pretty sure someone's done it somehow. I want to build a glass cage for execution in central market. Several Chairs, under which pipes leading into the Chamber will allow the crew to fart the prisoner to death. Maybe it's not even possible, but a similar setup on a fartmosphere zone led me to this. 
  • Draw a picture!
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): No bans. Contacted three times by admins for inappropriate language (Vulgar). A fourth time for a racist joke. While not bans, I'd like to inform readers of this. 
If this is not the kind of speech you'd find acceptable coming from an HoS, please, I encourage you, give me a No. I don't want to tarnish the reputation of HoS nor contribute to any grief over having appointed me as HoS.
I can't promise I won't do these things again intentionally or otherwise.
Cant BELIEVE he didnt put me in the reccomended slot! YEs! iirc, he was the first person to arrest me, back when I was new, for a welder bomb! haha, anyways hes one of the best security players ive had the pleasure to play with. +1
Shame, I've been bullying you for over half a year now to apply and you don't even recc me or anything! How rude.

For real though Chayot is an amazing sec officer and always fun, and has a very promising ability to play HoS well. +1 from me, has everything I'd look for in a HoS applicant.
Corporate Shill is an officer i'd always like to see on my security team.
I've never seen there to be an issue with them wearing a non-standard security uniform. Staffie Security appearance can really trip people out, and going undercover has a purpose.

Please, arrest security more often. We've had a few bad eggs the last few days. Not ahelp worthy but incharacter issues definitely.

Chayot would definitely get a +1 from me.
+1; Chayot's funny and competent. Loved doing my first Rev round on Classic with you on the team when I was a lousy VO or something. Have loved every round I've played with you since, even when you do sometimes have to rag on me for making dumb choices! You keep everyone in line very well, I've seen the way you go about training new officers (polite and succinct, and always ensuring that they leave their important gear somewhere in case they need to be found). You have a great concern for the wellbeing of your team. I'd love to see you leading as a HoS.

I think you'd bring a good attitude to the role of HoS, shutting down awful and heinous behaviors while enabling fun things too. I saw one cool round where you were at the radio station and psyched some guy hiding the bathroom out by grabbing him and saying you were going to eat him, then you just dropped him and pat his headand went "Nah, just kidding."
Easy +1, good sec officer, will be a good HoS, never had trouble with them as HoS and have only seen good from them.
Shill's a solid officer, one I'm always happy to see on the security team. Thinks for himself and knows what he's doing. +1!
Chayot is a very chill, dependable, and funny sec officer. I think they'd make a great HoS.
Corporate Shill has always stood out to me as one of the more fun Security Officers to interact with on classic/main (and I've been arrested by them plenty of times). Funny and unorthadox when it comes to their Sec play, I think they'd be a great addition to the HoS ranks!
how am i just now seeing this +1
Big +1
Chayot's a great officer, always feels good to see them playing in the security team
I really wanted to incorporate a joke somewhere along the lines of "I'm shilling for Corporate Shill!" into my +1 on this application, but I couldn't figure out a way for that to make sense since a requirement to be a shill is to get paid for doing it. Which I am have not ever received.

But Corporate Shill is a solid security officer, knows how to take a joke and how to deal with the crime. Should be a fantastic HoS.
chuck another +1 on the pile for me eh
+1 from me. Shill is always the consummate professional, regardless of role. When we've worked sec together he's been a solid teammate and generally fun to be around.
While I sometimes enjoy having Shill as a fellow sec officer when I'm on the other end he kind of takes the fun out of things. My 2 go to jobs are HoP and Sec and when ever I'm HoP My round is often ruined by Shill just kicking in doors and pronouncing me guilty without even listening sides. I have captured Wizards Traitors Vampires all giving themselves AA and shill instantly jumps in frees them tries to demote me. I say try because I have the Shill is being Shitsec Protocol.

Shill my guy just today a dude broke into my office tried to kill me and the cap I was taking away his ID and you bust in and freed the dude and tried demoting the captain and I. You failed but still tried.

Gonna be a -1 from me dawg learn to listen to people. When Im sec I take both sides. You dont Even playing as sec I see you do stuff that just power gamey