Mentor Application - Mace Snap/ D.O.O.R.
Usual Character Name: Mace Snap/ D.O.O.R.
BYOND Username: Preid
Recommended by (if applicable): A few here and there.
Times Available: Yes

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I’ve been playing since about the time that shroom station started, so I’ve decided it’s time to toss my hat into the ring and attempt an application for mentorship. To give a bit of perspective as to who I am I’ll tell you that I am a volunteer EMT with my local fire department, give food to the homeless, and donate blood. Essentially, I get my thrills in life from volunteering and helping others so I think I would be a good fit for mentorship.

As for my game experience I won’t claim to be a pro at every aspect of the game, and will even use mentorhelp myself on some occasions, but I feel as if I understand the basics of every job and even have quite the proficiency in some jobs like genetics or engineering. I think that recently my favorite rounds have been when I can show someone the ropes to a basic task such as hacking a door or mixing gasses in toxins and then see them take off with it. Perhaps another part of the reason that I would want to be a mentor is because I want to give something back to those who helped me when I was just starting. Really, the thing that makes this game so great is not the robust combat system nor the ability to make foam that will melt the station and leave a fine coating of cheese but the awesome community who are just as likely to teach you how to make a bomb as they are to push you over and fart in your face.

So to sum it up nicely for those who do not want to read a wall of text, I really want to be able to give back to the game community and help new players like I was helped in the past. Also, I hope that the fact that my in game name is an anagram of spaceman will earn me some bonus points. Heh.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): It sure was a movie.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): A short job ban from AI because of a screw-up in a wizard/waldo round admin mash up round.

*I had previously posted in ClockworkCupcake’s mentor application prior to posting this, so if an admin wants to lock this until that application is decided on I would understand.*
I remember him being pretty chill in game. Give him a chance.
Uh,your a cool dude, yes by me BUT no one really cares about what you do away from game and irc
waffels5000 Wrote:Uh,your a cool dude, yes by me BUT no one really cares about what you do away from game and irc

That's just plain rude.

I think I've seen you a couple of times. After reading your app you seem like a pretty cool dude and like helping people. That's a yes from me.
waffels5000 Wrote:Uh,your a cool dude, yes by me BUT no one really cares about what you do away from game and irc
I get what your saying, but I just wanted to add that for a bit of perspective as to why I think I have a good mentality to be a mentor. Thank you very much for your contribution though.
Seen him being a good dude and I can't remember seeing him be a big jerk, so sure.
Same thoughts as pope.

Preid is a smart dude and doesn't cause problems. Yes.