Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AberrantQuerist banned by Sord213
Who banned you?: - Sord213
Byond Key: - AberrantQuerist
Discord Username: - AberrantQuerist#2053
Date of Ban: - 3/4/21, the round with all access griefing shitstorm.
Specified Reason for Ban: - Griefing, toxicity. You don't grief people who refuse to follow your shitty rules. Don't appeal this before 4/4
Ban Length: - Permanent
What led to the ban?: -

I played RD that round, and was attempting and failing exploring an adventure zone. I said many unscrupulous things to a captain that denied all access to the crew and generally encouraged self antagonism with my comments. I did not realize I did so at the time, but Sord located some things I said that were very blatant infractions in hindsight and for that I am thankful.

Why am I appealing?: -

Goon is most certainly the most pleasant place to play due to it being the least toxic. I am genuinely sorry for contributing to that.
Previously I had been observing some habits that the crew on Overflow/Bombini partook in like being more generous with access due to lower player counts, and had marked that down as something that was done to be nice and make everyone's lives easier. However in hindsight this was a very flawed perspective and leads to outcomes like the kidnapping, robbing, and abuse  of the captain.
I hope you believe me when I say my actions were a result of a lapse of judgement and bad choices rather than ill intent. I feel like the length of the ban was atypical for the actions provoking it, but I respect the judgement of the admin team. I intend to learn from the experience and tread far more carefully.

Which rule did you break?: - Rule 1
Evasion Attempts: - None.
Hey. Just gonna quote what I said in another thread from another person who got caught in the banwave.

The big issue we, the admin team, had with everything going on in the round in question and the reason harsh punishments were handed out to just about everyone involved was the overwhelming tacit support for everything that happened. A bunch of non-antagonists griefing a player because the player (who happened to be an admin) didn't do what they liked. The thing they liked being everyone receiving all access. And a bunch of other players either directly or indirectly supporting the decision. Not everyone involved took heavy actions to support the griefing but the worst part is not a single player, out of around 20 players at the time, thought something off was going on and reported it via ahelp. It's pretty disheartening seeing a bunch of people support something like that.

If people want to give out AA that's fine, there's no issue with that. Just don't grief and abuse players if they don't follow your little "rules".

Ban lifted.