Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Confession of a ban evader - Banned by Zamujasa (Please read to the end)
I hope you will find the time to read this to the end (I am deviating from the format, i hope that is ok):

Im gonna come completely clean, and accept my fate. First of all i want to thank you for the time i have had in Goonstation. I suffer from depression (This doesnt exclude me from the rules), and i take 3 types of medicin that does fuck all. Im unemployed, overweight, sits at home all day and have basically zero content in my life. I had even lost the desire to play computer games. That was until i found SS13. 

In the beginning i was griefing and multikeying, which is what i recieved my original ban for. I then started evading. I spoofed my hardware, my network card. Changed my IP. Used tempmails for my infinite amount of accounts. In each single shift i took, i worked in the medbay and it brought me joy. Joy i havent felt in as long as i can remember. Helping people who came close do to death, cloning those who were to late. Curing people. Building medbots. Walking around giving people water. I was contributing. 

I was advised to stop evading, and take my one month of waiting time (Like everyone else). But i just couldn´t do it. And im sorry for that. The game was just to addictive. Even playing on borrowed time, waiting for the bot to ban me was worth it. Sometimes i got a shift or two, sometimes a half. I worked alot for this MD called Sky who would teach me surgery, robotics, pharmacology and stuff. This gave me a feeling of belonging to something.
i am guilty of being arrogant. Its a defense mechanism. It would be fair of you to think this is a post i am just writing as a new strategy to get back in the game and i dont blame you. 

I will write a list of my sins for you to go through before you give me your judgement:
I have multikeyed, and griefed in the beginning before i found my place. I have been arrogant and taunted the admins who told me off, and advised me to hold my tongue and accept my place like everybody else. I have made a million accounts, i have spoofed my hardware. Infinite mac addresses. Restarted my router a million times to get a new IP. 
I have even taunted Mordent and Zamujasa in Discord. This was until i finally broke down yesterday, when i was banned in the middle of a shift. I was about to assist in a surgery when it happened. 

Goonstation is a weird, obscure, cult followed game and its just the best game i have ever played. I need this community and game so bad. I kept telling myself to do as adviced and wait out a month, but i just couldn´t make it. I tried downloading and playing singleplayer, but it was just empty and cold. 
The thing is - i need your community - you don´t need me. 

I am begging you to find it in your hearts to take me back. Objectively i dont deserve this. The rules apply to everyone. And being mentally ill is not an exception to following the them. Im not the only struggling in life, and others do it and follow the rules. Normally breaking this many rules would result in ban lasting to the end of the universe. 

I will accept your judgement, and leave the game for good if that is your will. But if you will give me a chance, i will do every single bit i can to contribute and make the game a good experience for everyone. I will abide by every single rule. 
Again tnx for the time - it gave me joy and content. 

Before i end this, i want to appologize personally to Zamujasa, and everyone else that i might have offended. I have put a lot of heart into this comment and it is very vulnerable to me to be this honest. Even if you will not unban me, i ask that you will be kind in your comments. 

Sincerely - Morganum1987 / Morgan Pryds
Not Zamu, but as I'm sure you can understand we're not going to unban you earlier than your original ban length because you've become tired of dealing with the ineffectiveness of your ban evading.

Please post a new ban appeal 30 days from your latest ban evasion attempt (today, so May 1st), using the template. I offer no guarantees that it will be approved, but that is the only way ahead that has a chance of us lifting the ban and you being able to play without having to go through the hurdles to get whatever glimpses of the game you manage to before your evasion attempt gets caught.

I'm happy that you find Goonstation so fun and exciting to be willing to attempt to ban evade to play, but it's not something we can condone and we're not making an exception here. Note that continued ban evasion attempts are likely to strongly affect the outcome of your future appeal.
(04-01-2021, 10:38 AM)Mordent Wrote: Not Zamu, but as I'm sure you can understand we're not going to unban you earlier than your original ban length because you've become tired of dealing with the ineffectiveness of your ban evading.

Please post a new ban appeal 30 days from your latest ban evasion attempt (today, so May 1st), using the template. I offer no guarantees that it will be approved, but that is the only way ahead that has a chance of us lifting the ban and you being able to play without having to go through the hurdles to get whatever glimpses of the game you manage to before your evasion attempt gets caught.

I'm happy that you find Goonstation so fun and exciting to be willing to attempt to ban evade to play, but it's not something we can condone and we're not making an exception here. Note that continued ban evasion attempts are likely to strongly affect the outcome of your future appeal.

Thank your for replying. Im done evading. Its exhausting and not worth it. Ill try in a month. Just the chance of me being unbanned makes me happy. All i want is to part of this community.