Nihisohel's Mentor Application
Usual character name: Nil Souhel
BYOND username: Nihisohel
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Nihisohel?#7720
Recommended by (if applicable): Yours truly
Goon servers you play: Mainly Classic 1

Reason for application :

Hey hey hey, it is I, the NUMBER 1 HOS/STINK ASS/DUMBASS/FISH and I am applying for MENTOR.
For real. Disregard the date posted.

Its been about, nearly a whole year since I've played, I've learned a lot, have learned a lot, and have other things that I may want to know about so I don't have to relearn them again. 

Truthfully, I'm not entirely too into the idea of applying for Mentor as I always believed that I would take it for granted and I've put it off for a tad bit, but seeing as how I reaaaaally enjoy teaching people, people pressuring me about it, and it also helps putting myself out there, as selfish as that sounds, I'd say lets just give it a shot.
And even if that shot missed, its no big deal, its nothing to be fed up much about.

I don't necessarily have the bestest of attitudes, but I can say is that I will try to stay within the rules and actively tried to enforce it, I know that despite that, I still thread the needle regarding certain things, to put i simply, I have a kill happy attitude on shitters and rule breakers, might not be an ideal way of doing it but I always follow the procedures of ahelping first before doing the deed.
I've always kept what is happening within the game to remain within the game and I will never get personal about it, in the end, all of this is just a game that we are really passionate about.

I'm also not necessarily a serious person, 10 spacebux that after this application, I'm gonna go screaming "poggers" but I digress.
Whether this is a good thing is up to your own discretion but that certainly means that I'm confidently, unconfidently, a cool guy to be around with.
Just try not to tick me off too much.

Game Experience :

I'm not about to type down my skills on nearly every departments, as I daresay, want to be rated by how people played with me, rather than being rated for my professional essay skills. Although, I also daresay that I am quite confident that plenty of players can vouch for my willingness to help and of my knowledge of the game.

I have extensive knowledge on basically anything Security related, even from the niche Securitron stunlock that is called DETAIN mode. (Someone please fix)
I've been seen teaching New Security Officers by other players, hell, I've spent most of my time teaching New Security Officers if they asked for it, ranging from Secmate and Securitrons and even with Armory weaponry, in special cases, with my Lawbringer.
I take pride in it, I enjoy teaching New Secoffs but its a shame that I usually lack the time to spare for them, especially within the chaos that is Classic 1.

Nearly anything, SECRETIVE. I have around 114 Medals, a hefty sum and a lot of days of my life. Does this necessarily explain that I know a lot? No Not Necessarily but I can pinpoint just about which medal belongs to which line of area, objectives or otherwise.
To Quote a good friend named Carbadox...

https://gyazo.com/0085b4345efc77f770c2ccc9f33a1e00

This is a joke by the way I definitely did not believe that I am automatically a mentor after 100 medals. Yeah Definitely not.

A much shorter application compared to my HoS application, a bit sour at best but I'm not entirely bent on convincing anyone to vote for my application and I've stated that I want my application rated by how people played with me and not with my writing skills.
Even then, I think I love this game too much to give a damn if I didn't pass.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
I have been OOC banned once for pogging, take this knowledge with discretion.
Didn't even list me as a rec...unbelievable.

Nil's good, good-natured, and a good teacher in-round. I've seen him use his spots in Security originally as an officer and now as HoS to mentor new players in those jobs(me included!). I know he says he cracks down on griefers and sometimes, in my personal and non-mandatory approach, I think those things could use a little patience and extension; but I know the nature of handling those things as they occur is also complex since it requires in-round judgement calls to keep rounds going smoothly for numerous other players. Personally, of all the rounds I've played with Nil, I've never seen him do anything I think was unjustified or egregious, even if it wasn't what I would do in that moment; I believe he's used his role as HoS to help make the rounds and community a really good and lighthearted place to be. He goes out of his way when in Sec to connect with everyone in the department, Cyborgs, Assistants, Officers, and NTSOs all the same, and puts in a lot of work interacting with other players on the station, maintaining a very inclusive approach.

Speaking to some other things, he's also an extreme azone and science nerd; beyond that, he answers a ton of questions all across the Discord and is frequently active, kind to new and old players alike, and a joy to interact with. I think he's grown a ton too from Nightshade, though I do miss loose cannon Scientist Nil and especially Captain Nil! He does have a lot of knowledge across the game in a variety of areas (I remember Botanist and Mechanic Nil, briefly), though he spends most his time on Security, which is reflected in his experience section.

Anything else I think he can certainly brush up on along the way, but the need for patient teachers willing to help cultivate good interaction skills for players, in Sec and in general, is ever-present, and I certainly think Nil would be a valuable mentor in that regard.

+1.

I'm also willing to overlook the pogging, as heinous as it is.
Already number one HoS... I can't let ya take number one MenHoS from me though.... DENIED!

PRANKD nah I'm kidding Nil is a solid nerd even if they didn't poke for reccs. More than knows their stuff and how not to metagame. +1 here, make this fish stinkier.
This guy's alright, purple in my eyes already, and not just cause blue and purple are like basically the same.

Also, 114 medals? Wat a nerd.
+1, even though I hate you for wearing orange and the pogs, you'd still be a good mentor.
Nil has consistently been a good guy and a reliable punching bag. I don't know who on earth I'd have to bully if you weren't there! I've also been supportive of Nil in time of great difficulty, like when he had an anime profile picture. I almost thought I had lost him.

I think that I'd ideally prefer if his mentor application had a bit more conviction but I understand that that's probably just general apprehension and caution. Otherwise I give my fullest recommendation for Nil.
While he is far too orange and far too smelly, I think he'd make a good mentor +1
One of those people i'd allready expect to be purple. +1
For sure, get this stinky fish into a purple mouse. The way he's taught Sec as a HoS is really swell from the times I've spied on him. He'd be good as a mentor I think.
Nil, as the s p e s s players like to say, is a pog player. Friendly, chill, and funny, and would definitely be a great mentor.
Notorious pogger, absolutely terrible
Tho Nil is also a cool and friendly guy and I trust him with being a cool mentor that'll help the new players learn the ropes of the game so that's a +1
And also another +1 for being a fish because fish are cool
The final verdict is : +1