Mentor Application: Mr. Melonbake
Phoenix is taking what I said completely out of context and grossly misrepresenting it; please ignore anything he says on the matter here, and just read what I said in the correct context.
The link to the thread in question is earlier in this thread.

And yeah I'd probably make a terrible HOS, and I wouldn't be fun enough anyway.
Winterous Wrote:Phoenix is taking what I said completely out of context and grossly misrepresenting it; please ignore anything he says on the matter here, and just read what I said in the correct context.
The link to the thread in question is earlier in this thread.

I'm taking it literally exactly as you said it, dude. I'm allowed to have an opinion, and that is that you are not the kind of person who needs to be a mentor.
Yeah, you are allowed to have an opinion, and you're allowed to speak it.
I merely encouraged people to get information about what I said from the original context, instead of from you.
Goton564 Wrote:A pretty fun dude. If you know what to do I'll say yes.

Played a round with him, he seems to know a lot about chemistry. I'd say that borg thing isn't that bad but don't overreact, it's bad for your health (and your application).

Yes.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:No, as you're willing to rules lawyer and then say "You're doing the same thing as racism to me" when you get yelled at for it. That is -not- a quality we need in a mentor.

Matter of fact is that this is a mentor application, where we deem that a person is knowledgeable and not hopelessly dumb and can be trusted not to meta if given information. That's about all the criteria. Bringing in that borg discussion is pointless.
This guy guy gets a thumbs up from crimer, keep on crimeing man
If you don't see him screaming racism when somebody tells him not to rules lawyer as dumb, I don't know what to tell you.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:If you don't see him screaming racism when somebody tells him not to rules lawyer as dumb, I don't know what to tell you.
You could try telling them to interpret what I said for themselves, instead of taking your opinion as fact; you're ignoring like half of the relevant information.
Winterous Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:If you don't see him screaming racism when somebody tells him not to rules lawyer as dumb, I don't know what to tell you.
You could try telling them to interpret what I said for themselves, instead of taking your opinion as fact; you're ignoring like half of the relevant information.
I like you and think you're a good player who knows his stuff who'd probably qualify well for a mentor position.

That said I, having read the entire thread, think that was dumb.
to be honest, back around mushroom time, you used to be a real shithead chemist and you were one of the few players I actively disliked (this is coming from someone who liked humble bee). However, since you started playing again, around the same time I started playing again, I've noticed a real shift in your attitude towards other players, and how you play the game. and now you're a good helpful member of the community. I think your shift in attitude speaks for itself, you'd be a great mentor. admin complaint drama aside, this guy gets a big old yes from me. v
Wow I had no idea I'd pissed anyone off like that back on mushroom, it's hard to evaluate one's own behaviour of course.
Maybe I screwed around a bunch and you just had a few bad experiences with me? No idea, it was more than a year ago I think.

It's always interesting to hear other people's perspective of your behaviour.
I say yes, whenever I see you ingame you know what you're doing, and I honestly think your posts in the borg incident thread were evidence that you're a pretty chill guy. You got a lot of flak for a fairly silly but ultimately harmless comment about racism, which derailed the thread for a while (and has unfortunately been dragged into this thread as well). But throughout that thread and the off-topic posts in this one you've been really level-headed and I bet you would be a good mentor.
borg thing aside, i remember getting to hang around with you yesterday(?) in chemistry and you seemed to know enough about it. you also weren't a huge jerk with the george melons when that guy brought them by and didn't try to spoil anyone's fun, so i'm willing to bet you don't act that way the rest of the time either. a yes unless we find out you're a clone of hitler.
I vote No, because I found out he is a clone of Hitler.
CaptainBravo Wrote:a yes unless we find out you're a clone of hitler.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:I vote No, because I found out he is a clone of Hitler.
Wh-... What?
Why are there two people with almost the same name? This is weird.