• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned from Discord server
Who banned you?: Unknown
Byond Key: Fried Butter
Discord Username: rats off to ya#7139
Date of Ban: 3/31/2021
Specified Reason for Ban: None given
Ban Length: Unknown
What led to the ban?: Unknown, I think it is in regards to a meme video with Biggie Smalls that I posted in general chat, which Grifflez deleted, and I summarily apologized and understood not to post that there. A few days ago I was given a 24 hour ban for a TOS violation following a short mental break, but I haven't had any situation like that in the past few days and have advised people in channels not to make jokes that could violate Discord TOS. 

I have no way of knowing who, what, when, why, and how long I was banned. I wasn't given any message. I wasn't given a ban length, it must've happened late at night/early in the morning when I was asleep (I went to bed around 4:00 AM, Eastern Standard Time) because I was still in Goonstation's discord when I last checked my computer. I wasn't told who I was banned by. I have no clue why I was banned, as I had to resort to DM'ing Popecrunch just to find out if I was banned or if something happened to the server, or what. I still don't have a solid understanding as to why I was banned. If this is in regards to that video posted, why was this an immediate ban instead of pulling me into lets-talk for a 'don't do this' chat, or at minimum, 'we are removing you because you did this thing'?

From my POV, the situation was resolved. Grifflez deleted the video, explained why, I apologized and everything seemed cool. If that wasn't sufficient, why didn't anyone tell me? It clearly wasn't time-sensitive, as I was banned probably over 6 hours after the video was posted and taken down, so it's not like someone couldn't have dropped me a DM to talk to me about it or, at minimum, explain why.

If it's in regard to the TOS violation/mental break a few days ago, that was resolved as well. I said I'd show more restraint, and I think I have the past following days. People told me everything was fine when my ban ended, and nobody since pinged me and told me to cut it out.

Why am I appealing?: I genuinely love this server and the people I've met here. Many of the people here I consider some of the most kindest and warmest people I've encountered online. I feel welcome here because this is one of the very few gaming-centered communities that are openly LGBT+ friendly I know of, and the community is just so incredibly fun and loving to be around. I consider a lot of people here family, and I really do not want to be thrown out for no specified reason by an unknown admin for an indeterminate amount of time, especially since my birthday is tomorrow. I'm willing to listen to and understand any reason why I might've been banned here and change my behavior to conform better, but at the very least I just want to know why I was cast out for no apparent reason.

Which rule did you break?: Unknown
Evasion Attempts: None, and I don't use VPNs.
Full disclosure: As Rats says above, she PM'ed me to find out what was going on, I confirmed that she had been banned and gave my best guess as to why (i had already come back by the time she messaged me, so it was as easy as scrolling up a bit in adminchat to see what went down) and, given that we commonly tell people why they were banned, judged there was no harm in relaying the information.
I was the banning admin, figured the reason would show but it was basically that you frequently promote violence against others, even under the guise of 'in minecraft' which is not acceptable. We would ban an ironic racist without warning and ironically wanting to kill a bunch of people you dislike for whatever reason, same applies.

This being said, you are a part of the community with many friends here. Discord has a shitty system and I definitely should have let you know. But this is some habitual linestepping that's gotta stop. Don't mind havin ya, but cmon now. Next time you just gotta get new friends because you're gonna ruin it for everyone else.
(03-31-2021, 10:49 AM)HukHukHuk Wrote: I was the banning admin, figured the reason would show but it was basically that you frequently promote violence against others, even under the guise of 'in minecraft' which is not acceptable. We would ban an ironic racist without warning and ironically wanting to kill a bunch of people you dislike for whatever reason, same applies.

This being said, you are a part of the community with many friends here. Discord has a shitty system and I definitely should have let you know. But this is some habitual linestepping that's gotta stop. Don't mind havin ya, but cmon now. Next time you just gotta get new friends because you're gonna ruin it for everyone else.

I am not arguing here, and I completely understand the very reasons why, and that I was indeed in the wrong, but since the TOS violation ban on Sunday I believe, I had already made it clear that I wasn't going to continue with that "in minecraft" stuff. The behavior was punished by a previous admin who gave me a specified reason and a ban length, I stopped said behavior, I never planned on continuing it, and in the following days I told people who were making similar "in minecraft" comments to knock it off.

What I'm uncertain of is why I received two bans over a resolved issue days ago, that were days apart, by different admins, with other admins and players telling me that I was fine, with this latest one having no effort done to tell me what I did wrong or who gave it to me or how long it'll last (if not permanent) for hours after it was issued, I had to nag people to find out that I was banned. I am certainly not the the only person to make those comments, nor the most graphic, nor the most recent since that first ban a couple days ago, but I'm going to assume nobody else has been penalized for said conduct. It's just incredibly strange, especially seeing as you and I briefly casually chatted about a video game before I left for the night. You couldn't just pull me aside and just yell at me and then penalize me once you had my attention? You had to do it when I was offline?
When Griff warned you about posting that video in general, he didn't know that you had *just* came off a ban less that 24 hours prior. So I think it's because had he known that at the time, you would have recieved a ban for breaking another rule. Granted, it wasn't the *same* rule you broke.
You've been talked to many times and you continue to break rules.
Anyway here are the terms again:

I can accept this appeal. You overstep that line a single time, you will no longer be welcome here nor will I hear your appeals to come back. No negotiations on this.

Edit as of now the ban is lifted.