Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Cheese for Mentor Mice
tasty cheese to be used to let mentor mice know there is a player in need of their help
wat
Mentor mice are meant to ambush their confused prey, baiting them with cheese just serves to make them feel uncomfortable.
[Image: Uryz8Rd.png]
Vague of a suggestion, it's not really clear what you suggest.

Also adding any more steps to the mentor interactions would be counter-productive since they should be as straightforward and simple as possible, target audience considered.
I think the suggestion is about an item (or a button) you can use to notify mentor mice that you are requesting help without having to encounter one.
Or maybe for asking all mentors if one is willing to come help as a mouse.
maybe a cheese item you can give to mentor mice if you find their help helpful?
Yeah, like you could give mentors cheese points after they help you, and they can use the points to feel superior to other mentors.
Mentor Wendigos when?
(03-30-2021, 01:58 AM)Gerhazo Wrote: Vague of a suggestion, it's not really clear what you suggest.

Also adding any more steps to the mentor interactions would be counter-productive since they should be as straightforward and simple as possible, target audience considered.

my idea was essentially

1) hapless noob acquires cheese
2) they set it down on the ground
3) a mentor mouse would see the text "You catch a whiff of cheese in the air! It smells like it's coming from <location>!"

basically like the batsignal but instead you're trying to draw a mentor mouse to you
I think the biggest problem is it's not particularly intuitive, and people dropping items intentionally or otherwise (sometimes including cheese) happens all the time. How do you make the system tell the difference between a staffie slapping cheese on the table and an HoS being slipped by the clown while enjoying their favorite snack?
I want to make the mentors fight for my amusement.
If only there was some kind of special chat that mentors could see that let them know someone needed help
Smug
(03-31-2021, 10:29 PM)Technature Wrote: I think the biggest problem is it's not particularly intuitive, and people dropping items intentionally or otherwise (sometimes including cheese) happens all the time.  How do you make the system tell the difference between a staffie slapping cheese on the table and an HoS being slipped by the clown while enjoying their favorite snack?

i thought about that and a particular image popped into my head

acquire cheese
find mousehole
use cheese on hole
???
profit

however this seems to have a problem (or at least, is a problem in my eye) that this isn't very well communicated to new players (much like the mentor mouse thing, in my opinion). how would they think to know holding a piece of cheese up to a hole in a wall will (attempt to) summon a mouse that will then provide them all of the mentor-y wisdom they desire
Frank pretty much nailed it. As much as I can see i being beneficial having more than one way to ask a mentor for help, I don't see it being superior to just using the function that exists so you can be more specific.