HoS App: Nefarious6th / Marcy Meyow
(07-02-2021, 12:41 PM)jan.antilles Wrote: One of the important unspoken things that a HoS provides, especially on RP, is a sense of stability and emotional tone in a round. I've referred to it when talking to others as being "emotionally robust." It's about not letting people get to you, about being a cool head and a stabilizing influence when tempers are starting to run high, and a gentle prod of encouragement if someone on the team is too timid or if someone is giving up on the round. People will always be very critical of the HoS, and if the HoS takes that criticism personally or lets it get to them, things are going to slowly sour, and if the HoS player is willing to lash out, then it is going to sour faster.
I'm not going to give an +1 or -1 since I'm not very active on RP anymore but I will say that I've seen you take things quite a bit too personally and I agree with Jans points, I've seen you take some indifference by people and think that they are purposely ignoring you and I've seen you passively aggressively complain a bit on Discord. While I would say that every HoS has the right to complain a bit about rounds that it gets a bit touchy and hard to know what to say when you do this especially since its hard to tell whos in the right and wrong and it makes the situation a bit uncomfortable. I think you're generally good as security but need to understand that people in this game just don't care a lot and that its not a personal grudge against you to ignore you just because they don't know you. While RP can be somewhat meta cliquey when I've changed characters I've been able to easily get into situations and talk to people just by.... Talking to people and taking the first action.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HoS App: Nefarious6th / Marcy Meyow - by Cal - 06-11-2021, 04:59 PM
RE: HoS App: Nefarious6th / Marcy Meyow - by Drewmajor11 - 07-02-2021, 08:30 PM
RE: HoS App: Nefarious6th / Marcy Meyow - by Caro - 08-18-2021, 01:52 PM