Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Hacked Pizza Vending Machines Throw Pizzas with Randomized Toppings
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/4131

About The PR

Originally this generated completely random pizzas with a blacklist, but warc's concerns were that

Quote:This totally cheapens the chef, nobody's going to blink twice seeing a flocknugget pizza if all it takes is a screwdriver and RNG.

Quote:I think adding a few more types (read: 1 or 2) of common basic pizza would be well recieved.
Remember this is a frozen pizza reheating vendor, not a magical school bus of cullinary opportunity.
the more "wacky" the ingredients, the more i will frown about it.

I think especially with that last one it's kind of a rule of cool thing where we shouldn't think about it too hard so to address the first I've implemented a new pizza
It has 1-3 toppings, has a 95% of a topping being "normal" off of my list of (so far):
  • Pepperoni
  • Onions
  • Mushrooms
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Meatballs
  • Ketchup

It then has a 5% chance of picking a "normal" drink (milk, vodka, for example) or picking an "alt" ingredient off a list of silly item which is currently mostly Dan's and weird soda etc

What are your thoughts? Is the Pizza vendor doing weird things too off brand? Do rarish Grone's Soda pizzas enroach on the Chef's Territory? Is this fun? What do you think of the original version?

[Image: image.png]

[Image: image.png]
This seems like it could be good fun.
god the idea of a rogue pizza vendor just hurling pizzas with god-knows-what on them at random passer-bys like a frisbee is hysterical

please add this.
I coulda swore they already chucked pizzas when hacked
(03-25-2021, 02:15 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I coulda swore they already chucked pizzas when hacked

Nope they've always technically had no inventory to throw!
As long as theres a chance a burning hot pizza can slam into someones face and burn/melt their faces I like the idea.
I think the sharpened pizza cutter allows it to throw 'bladed' pizza slices if inserted in the machine.

Speaking of which, how would that combo? Does it just start throwing random topping sharpened slices instead? I honestly haven't used the cutter so not sure of it's intricacies.
Everything in this thread is beautiful and it would be a war crime to not add it.
(03-25-2021, 08:38 PM)Brixx79 Wrote: I think the sharpened pizza cutter allows it to throw 'bladed' pizza slices if inserted in the machine.

Speaking of which, how would that combo?  Does it just start throwing random topping sharpened slices instead?  I honestly haven't used the cutter so not sure of it's intricacies.

I won't combine that functionality for obvious balance reasons, only pizzas purchased through the interface will ever be sharpened
I don't hate random pizzas but the comments on the PR have a good point. As far as I'm aware, the other vendors have no randomisation and this would be a special case that might be going a bit too far. Chefs are a bit underappreciated as-is.
[Image: 112715881-46e11600-8ea0-11eb-8d18-797332f4500a.png]
And so for example here's what a more constrained set of pizza randomness looks like
This is an amazing idea, pure SS13