HOS Application (Vladimir Soyuz)
Usual character name: Vladimir Soyuz
BYOND username: Goldenfreddycl
Discord username (if you are on our discord): goldenfreddycl#2595
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Goonstation Roleplay 4 and Goonstation Roleplay 3

Reason for application: I feel like I should take my Security Experience and go big, and becoming HOS (if approved) would be an amazing opportunity to inspire and motivate other security officers and boost morale. I want other officers to enjoy their experience and the first step to that is Leadership.

Security experience (300 word minimum): At first I mostly played as Security Officer. A person whose duty is to enforce the law and ensure the safety of all the crewmates is sonething I want to be. I mostly spent my time patrolling and looking at the different security records. Sometimes I even worked at the front desk. I even recently made custom security documents to make things quicker and easier. Being a security officer was one of the greatest experiences in all of goonstation for me. Many times I have helped other Officers arrest criminals and do other important tasks. I always made sure that I did my part, plus extra of possible. At certain times, security was receiving lots of hate, an uncommon but known issue from time to time. But nothing would stop me fron doing my job.

I mostly relied on the Offensive and Control Loadout. Having a taser shotgun was one of my favourite things in all of security. Being a Security Officer in the roleplay servers was pretty relaxing and there weren't too many criminals and enemies to deal with. I enjoyed working with all my fellow officers and all of them, including ever HOS I met, were all very nice, trustworthy and were great partners. 

During my patrols, which is something I mostly do, I keep watch overy any suspicious individuals and ones that require surveilance. I always stayed vigilant and alert, always keeping my guns in the best spots, whether it's in my bag or back. Sometimes I tried my best to motivate my own partners, even though I wasn't an HOS. I mostly sticked to my tase shotgun and mostly relied on it, trusting that it would ensure my safety and provide good defence and offense, which it definitely did.

I always ticketed and fined appropriately and fair, in other words, I always ticket if needed and fined for the apppropriately and fair prices. Being security was an excellent experience and I'm definitely going to keep up with it.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • Q: What advice would you give to other sec players?
  • A: Do your duty, stick to your baton and tasers, be friendly even to the criminals and be fair. Do what is appropriate and fair.
  • Q: Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
  • A: Well, being the only Officer means you are in charge. I was the only officer a couple times and it was difficult, but I never backed down. Being part of a team means support. If you are in a tough situation and need help, your team is there for you. If you are literally the only officer there, you have to count on yourself and not rely on anyone else.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Q: Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
  • A:
  • If you try your best
  • You could just get away with it
  • There is no turning back
  • And you are not alone
  • Beware
  • For the man in the red suit
  • Is coming for you
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
1. Banned for violating AI laws and harming a chef as a Cyborg. I was permanently banned but it eventually got lifted after I appealed and learned my lesson.

2. Banned for blowing up Napalm Goo Bombs in escape shuttle during flight in Goonstation Roleplay. Banned for 2 days. Got lifted after that time.
Please excuse the spelling mistakes. My English is fine. It's just my autocorrect that gets a bit confused when I type fast.
I haven't played with you as Sec for a while, but you've definitely grown as a player from a super rocky early start. Application is well-written and from it alone, you seem to have good intentions nad good grasp of what is expected from a HoS. We might just been on different timezones from one another and thus not running into one another.

Unfortunately without the personal experience as of late I'm afraid I can't commit to a +/-. but it seems like your heart's in the right place! Hope we get to run Sec together in the future!
(03-28-2021, 12:26 AM)Slazenger Wrote: I haven't played with you as Sec for a while, but you've definitely grown as a player from a super rocky early start.  Application is well-written and from it alone, you seem to have good intentions nad good grasp of what is expected from a HoS.  We might just been on different timezones from one another and thus not running into one another.

Unfortunately without the personal experience as of late I'm afraid I can't commit to a +/-. but it seems like your heart's in the right place! Hope we get to run Sec together in the future!

Even without a + or - I still appreciate your reply. Thank you for your nice words. And yes, I also hope we one day run into each other some time.
It could be because I'm near the European Timezones and maybe you aren't?
While we appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, we have elected to decline on this application for the time being. You will be eligible to reapply 60 days from the date of this post. In the meantime I would encourage you to keep playing rounds as a Security Officer and generally making yourself known as a prominent and reliable Security player.