Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, I'm incredibly stupid.
I can't find a download for DreamMaker and the Goonstation code. Also, is DreamMaker even the right tool for spriting?
EDIT: It also turns out that I'm lazy and I just found the /tg/station guide to spriting. I'm assuming it's relatively the same as the Goonstation one - I still can't find the Goon code, however. I've got Infinite Monkey's "reference spirites", though; I'm doing limbs.
Saintish Wrote:I can't find a download for DreamMaker and the Goonstation code. Also, is DreamMaker even the right tool for spriting?
There's a super super super old copy of goon code available online somewhere, but anything recent is kept private.
Goon code is not available for sharing, it is closed code.
For spriting, remember that it needs to be 32x32, otherwise it's junk (unless you are building a giant static object, or an object made up of several tiles)
New clothing/human related/limb stuff
Use the reference sprites, which you already found.
For items and animated stuff
Alot of it is on the wiki. You can find what you are looking for pretty handy with this: http://wiki.ss13.co/Template:Objects
For map tiles and stuff that isn't on the wiki
This ones a tad bit trickier. Go to the wiremap: http://goonhub.com/maps/1
Zoom fully in.
Take a screenshot. For example, I want a sprite of the captain's nice rug. So I take a screenshot of it:
[Image: lC2EuMY.png]
Then I put a grating on it of 32x32 (in Ps, or i'm sure other free stuff does it too. But torrent Ps, it's better) and line it up
[Image: MeDHjwt.png]
Then just cut out what you need, in this case it's the captain's rug.
[Image: Tz4exqs.png]
That's pretty much every sprite there is bar z-level things, but if you REALLY want to rip a sprite from a z-level, you'll have to make the effort of travelling there yourself, and screenshoting it.

Hope this helps.
I should really post this on the wiki. I have been meaning to updates the sprite page for a while now.
Oh and another thing, the sprites on the item page are all 32x32, and are valid for use. There was a stage in the infancy of the wiki when the pics of the items were lossy (i.e: The color wasn't the true color, or it was kinda blurry) but that's no longer the case.
For animated sprites, download the gif and separate the frames!
Thanks!
Don't worry, the only thing incredibly stupid here is the BYOND engine