Mentor App: Asche/aloe
Usual character name: Ritz Nutter, BATTY (AI/Borg)
BYOND username: Asche
Discord username (if you are on our discord): aloe#0838
Recommended by (if applicable): RichardGere/PrimeNumb
Goon servers you play:
              Heisenbee usually, Sylvester once in a blue moon

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):
              I joined back in the August of 2020, and didn't expect to love the game as much as I do. I observed a few rounds on RP before I even attempted to play an actual round, and then proceeded to have a great time fumbling around in botany. I didn't use mentorhelp nearly as much as I should have during this time, instead trying to learn by just watching other people do things. The community was really helpful, always willing to lend a hand or point me in the right direction when I was doing something dumb, and I'm very thankful for that- now I want to try and impart some of the knowledge I've picked up to those trying to learn the game for themselves. I still have a lot to learn (shit, I just learned how weldmagging works a few days ago, and I'm a clueless engineer), but I'm always willing to learn new things, and I'm looking forward to a whole bunch of new discoveries in this farty space game.

I get a lot of enjoyment out of helping people out in game, whether that's by assisting them in an IC way (healing, helping out with projects) or an OOC way (telling people how to eat, or what intents do). I'd like to be able to be able to take that a little further by becoming a mentor, allowing me to use the mentorhelp system to teach people stuff. It would also let me advise other players from the comfort of discord/my bed, which is cool.

I mostly play science, medical, and AI nowadays. Science is really open-ended, which I love; I can work on a chemistry project, goof around with artifacts, or go on telesci adventures depending on how the round plays out. Medical can be stressful, but saving people feels good, and it's quite satisfying to take people with one foot in the grave and get them healthy again. AI is very weird, but fun; I appreciate that it lets me nerd out with DWAINE/packets and also interact with the crew, whether that's opening doors and reporting blobs or just bugging people over the radio. Honestly, my favorite part of playing AI is probably sassing people over spelling mistakes or badly written laws.

Other than those 3, I play barkeep, gene-nerd, detective and roboticist (god I'm a terrible roboticist) from time to time, and I'll always have a soft spot for Botany as it's the role I started with.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
              None.
+1, yes.

Aloe is super funny and great to talk to in-game and out-of-game; they make me laugh all the time. Definitely pulls a ton of weight in mentoring and answering questions for people, active on comms in rounds to people's requests, and always up to something interesting. They're a competent medbay friend and wonderfully interactive AI. I know they're absolutely committed to the game but particularly to making it as fun and positive for people as it can be. They're got a fantastic attitude especially when interacting wtih new players and their good-natured humor I think is a super valuable tool in reminding people we're all here to have fun. I was wondering if/when they'd apply and am really happy see this application!

I don't have any concerns at all about knowledge use or the way they'll represent Goon. I think Aloe would make an excellent addition to the mentor team and a perfect first-point-of-contact for new players to settle into the game and community easier!
I'm a little hesitant, because I've had a few situations with you while playing HoS where you've been a pretty aggressive and hostile RD and done some borderline not great things, but it's been some time since I've seen this from you and you've seemingly gotten better about this. I'm confident you have the knowledge to be a mentor, especially with some of the more niche parts of the research department.

I'm willing to give a +1 here long as you've moved on from your past negative behaviour, since it seems to me you have and that you want to help and be a positive person in the community.
Asche has been a cool player for as long as I've seen them ingame, and I'm pretty sure I told them to apply for mentor a few months ago before I was an admin, so I'd be remiss if I didn't throw in my support now.
Yeah, Asche's a cool guy, I don't recall ever having negative experiences with them ingame and I frequently see em helping out people on Discord
+1 from me