Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED PR] nerfs Rathen's Secret
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE] [FEEDBACK]
About the PR
This PR nerfs the Rathen's Secret wizard spell to have a 10% chance to stun for 2 seconds and a 10% chance to stun for 3 seconds, otherwise knocking down the victim. The intended result is that Rathen's Secret loses the capability to combo, while retaining a crowd control effect.

Why's this needed?
Spell Combos are unfun, both to use and to fight.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Chickenish
(*)Rathen's Secret now only has a chance to stun, otherwise knocking down.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I feel like making it a chance-based thing to nerf it is Very Silly. IMO it should always stun(or not stun) the same way when its used, both so wizards and crew can react to it predictively. Making it a 1/10 chance will make it feel Bad when it does actually stun you, and it won't let the wizard plan around it being a stun at all.

To me, this is a really lazy, low effort nerf. Much better to actually change the mechanics in some way (make it stamina based? make it do something other than stun? change the way it picks targets? really there's a lot of room) rather than resorting to just making it RNG. Something that gives it a more interesting niche to fill rather than just making it way worse
Leaving an important spell for the wizard up to RNG isnt a good idea. UNLESS its suppose to be RNG like Pandemonium.
Yep, no. flab and kiki said it all. This is such an extreme nerf idk why you didn't just remove the whole ability outright. Obviously don't make that change though cause we'll never merge it.
I think if you changed the stun to just the disoriented effect (like after getting tased once but not running out of stamina) it might be decent? RNG on stuff like this just isn't fun, imo.
I am pretty sure right now there is a bug where rathan's has been hitting twice, cause most wizard rounds when someone uses it I get two hit messages from it.
Rathen's a broken spell, but imo this is not the way to go about changing it. Ideally it'd be completely redesigned in such a way that it's still a very useful and powerful spell without being the steamrolling, instant screen stunner that it is today.
Sord's idea sounds good. I'd still like a stun. But maybe only stun if the target has no butt, like having a butt is a buffer that lessens the effect of the spell.
Input Received.
I was putting something out since some people said they wanted me to PR something now; I'll fix this after I fix the Realistic Cardboard Device.
Agree that it's still due some level of nerf. The combination of knockdown, duration, area of effect and cast time are potent.

What the exact nerf is I'm less sure.