Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give the HoS and NTSO light sources
With the changes to Sec PDA's, the HoS and NTSO don't have an easy to access source of light without changing their headgear to something like a Sec helmet or hard hat, which provide less defense compared to their standard headgear or changing their eyewear to night vision goggles which aren't ideal in most situations. The NTSO helmet could easily have a flashlight attached to their helmet, or maybe a NV mode toggle on their helmet, kinda like the NCR Riot Gear from New Vegas. I have no idea about the HoS though.
HoS can generate light by being on fire
(03-19-2021, 12:32 PM)warcrimes Wrote: HoS can generate light by being on fire

Does this work for NTSO too?
Flashlights are plentiful and readily available, and fit nicely in your pocket while still working (somehow). Alternatively, go heckle engineering for one of their nifty helmets (though you'll lose style points).
(03-19-2021, 01:19 PM)Mordent Wrote: Flashlights are plentiful and readily available, and fit nicely in your pocket while still working (somehow). Alternatively, go heckle engineering for one of their nifty helmets (though you'll lose style points).

I brought this up in the OP, I know about the engie helmetsĀ but its a straight downgrade. Also, if you have your pouch and emergency oxy tank in your pocket, there is no room for a flashlight
Security helmets have flashlights. If you want to have a hat that both has a light, you'll have to grab one and sacrifice your cool hat/helmet for a standard helmet.
It's called a compromise. Can't see? Take your headgear off and use one of the many helmets with a light source built in. Don't want to do that? Use a flashlight which can handily be put in your pocket. Still don't want to do that? Wear NVGs. Or thermals. There's so many options that just require a small compromise.
Any HoS that replaces their hat/beret with a flashlight hat is a false HoS.
Maybe the HoS and NTSO can get their PDA lights back?
What was the reason the PDA lights were removed in the first place? Sec has head lights on their helmets now yes? But why remove the PDA lights? Some big PDA change I don't know about I assume.
This reminded me to add light sources to my gimmick mode space helmets.

Also, I can see adding a flashlight or something to the NTSO cause half of his gimmick is just having too many items and being forced to deal with tons of inventory management.
(03-19-2021, 05:17 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: What was the reason the PDA lights were removed in the first place? Sec has head lights on their helmets now yes? But why remove the PDA lights? Some big PDA change I don't know about I assume.

I believe it was a balance thing when they added the quick alert button, besides that theres NVG now as an option.
Eat more popcorn

(This is a plea to please fix the night vision food buff, either its extremely subtle or just flat out broken)
(03-19-2021, 05:50 PM)MoonJesus Wrote: Eat more popcorn

(This is a plea to please fix the night vision food buff, either its extremely subtle or just flat out broken)

It is extremely subtle.
I'd love a Big heavy Maglight replacement for the stun baton. Like a flash that doubled as a club and was a light source.