Head of Security app: David Bailey
Usual Character Namebig grinavid Bailey, JERXES if AI.
BYOND Usernamebig grinavid2222121
Recommended by (if applicable):Cogwerks(kinda)
Times Available:Monday and Tuesday all day, rest of the week in the evenings. Pacific Time.

Reason for Application (300 word minimum):
The rounds I play that don't have me immediately hop into a pod to play space hobo have left me noticing a few things. First, sec officers who don't really know what to do to make things fun and fair; they simply baton, cuff and strip people then flush them somewhere with no ID for the simplest of transgressions. Second, people who decide they know better than security and take things into their own hands, becoming the vigilante the station neither needs nor deserves, and whining when arrested for it. Neither party tends to listen to the Captain or HoP, no matter how reasonable they sound, though they tend to actually listen when a HoS says the same thing. I want to have that same authority.

The important part here is making sure everyone has fun. It isn't fun when there is a traitor rampaging with a C-saber and striking down everyone he sees, it isn't fun when there are jerks who beat your skull in for doing some minor transgression that annoys them for whatever reason, and it sure as hell isn't fun when security flat out ignores all of this in order to chase the single assistant that pushed them down and farted in their face.

That's the key to everything. Let people have fun. Make sure fun happens. Don't be a stick in the mud about space honor, or space law. It's fun when the traitor improvises a creative way to slowly pick off the crew. It's fun to organize pod fleets to fight the QM hellpod laying siege the escape arm. Organize parties in the bar, challenge the wizard to a fisticuff duel. Arrest vigilantes and take their stolen tasers while farting in their screaming faces. That's what being the HoS is about, and that is something that I want to help make happen.

Security Experience (300 word minimum):
I started playing this game sometime on Mushroom station. I remember cycling through the various jobs over my first few rounds, and being more enamored with the science and botany positions over anything else, mostly because I would be less likely to get killed being cooped up in a tiny room all round, or I would be better equipped on the off chance I was an antagonist. I had my periods of play to win attitude, though also goofy periods, such as swiping the AI's modules with telescience, building a remote Upload computer, and give the AI a silly law.

The reason I've tended to try to hole myself up somewhere is that I know I'm not robust. There have been multiple occasions where I've punched someone a dozen times without so much as them getting winded, while they can knock me out in a single swing multiple times in a row. That, compounded with a perception that security was supposed to be the group that would run in somewhere, robust people, then lob them in the brig for five minutes really turned me away from wanting to play one.

More recently however(say, near the end of Mushroom station) I started to realize that security was there to make things fun for everyone involved. It's no fun if the changeling or c-saber traitor can run around unopposed, or if mechanics bust into Sec to make themselves tasers and murder anyone they deem traitorous. The first two need someone to antagonize them, try to keep them on their toes as they do their dirty deeds, and make the process all the more exhilarating whether they succeed or not. The latter needs to get taught that it's not a cool thing to be a play to win vigilante while having their weapons confiscated. I will admit however I do enjoy hearing them scream over the radio about that, though I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc):
My main dislike is that there's no intercom in the solitary confinement cell. There's nothing you can do short of adminhelp if some jerk officer strips you naked and tosses you in there for 5 minutes.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum):
Shrek is an ogre,
they have layers, Donkey. Now
get out of my swamp.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
There are only two that I can remember. One was for about an hour after I had called myself a comdom in ghost chat after doing something stupid as captain, near about the time I had joined. The second was a ~12 hour ban for releasing napalm/polytrinic acid smoke on the escape shuttle as a bored RD after multi-reagent smoke was introduced. I can't even remember my reasoning for doing that, but it was definitely really dumb.
uhrr dhurr... yes. He's pretty laid back and has been around more than long enough.
So I've played with david a fair bit and he's always been a decent enough guy so I feel pretty confident when I say he probably wouldn't be awful.

He gets a resounding:

Sure, I guess.
Yeah sure. This guy knows what he's doing.
I haven't seen a lot of this guy myself, but the couple of rounds I've played security with him, I've found that he's a good communicator and he tends to be friendly and reliable.
I legit thought you were a HoS already.

That pretty much says it all about my opinion. Yes please. He's sort of cool.
I have played with David enough to know he is a great guy who can easily start a small fun gimmick when he gets a command/head position. I have seen him handle sec jobs pretty well so its a big yes from me.
David is a great player, I don't think I've ever seen him do anything shitty. I always enjoy rounds where we are put on sec or command together, because I know he'll keep it fun. I already thought he was a HoS, so I know he will make an excellent one.
Yes, runs fun gimmicks and keeps the laughs coming, but is a competent and good player when there's an actual situation to handle. Add me to the list of those surprised he's not a HoS already.
I was genuinely surprised that you were not a HoS. I've seen you a lot in play and you are a fun to play with. Yes from me.
Yes.

I have been in many rounds with David since I started playing and haven't ever had any problems with him. He can be trusted with the job.
It's been a while since I last played, but I am certain that David has what it takes to be Head of Security. A very good player and one of my favorites.
Yes from me