Attention: All existing users will need to reset their password before being able to log in. Click here to reset. For more information on why, click here. (September 26) x

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Banned by gannets
Who banned you?: gannets
Byond Key: Shugloid  
Discord Username: don't have discord
Date of Ban: little less than a year ago the specific date is not stated in the ban letter
Specified Reason for Ban: I don't recall what happened but I did some oopsie I should not have(keep in mind I was still starting out on this game just like everyone else was at one point), and sent a racist insulting message to the admin who pm'd me which apparently hurt his feelings so much he issued me a permanent ban without even trying to solve the issue
Ban Length:permanent  
What led to the ban?:the insulting message I sent to the admin( this happened a while ago and the only thing that the ban letter states as the reasoning behind the ban is this)
Why am I appealing?: I sincerely apologize for the things I have said, but I seriously think that perma banning someone just because you got insulted is abusing your position and taking it way too far, also I started to miss playing ss13 and I hear this is one of the better servers, I promise you I am no longer an annoying newbie that griefs for no reason and if you could be nice enough to unban me I promise I will not dissapoint you
Which rule did you break?:don't know since the ban letter I have been issued only states that I got perma banned for sending and insulting message I guess it's the rule about respecting the admins and bigoted content
Evasion Attempts: none
Hi there, thanks for posting this appeal.

First off, here's the stated reason for your ban as noted on your account.
Quote:Banned from all servers by gannets, reason: When told to follow the rules: "i think you should fuck off back to uganda you cotton picking scumfuck piece of shit", duration: Permanent

As well as this one, additionally:
Quote:Parting shot from this nice fellow: "you fucking nigger"

I didn't ban you for insulting me, I banned for breaking our server rules regarding bigotry. I spoke to you that round because you called another player a homophobic slur and the quote above was your response to being asked to not do that and to follow our server rules. You clearly didn't intend to do that so I removed you from the game. To address your accusation that I am abusing my power and should have attempted to solve the issue before banning you, I did. That's what I was doing when I told you not to use slurs. It is not an abuse of this position to ban a player unwilling to follow simple language restrictions or to accept criticism when breaking those rules.

Your appeal fails to meet the basic standard of awareness regarding your ban & promises better conduct while calling your banning admin abusive. I won't be lifting this pemaban. You're welcome to try again at some later date.
I'd say we have a strong contender for "worst post of the year" and we're only 3 months in. Impressive.
getting banned for violating the one rule that is highlighted in red every single time you connect and then saying "it was an abuse of power to ban me for this, actually" is certainly a take
(03-19-2021, 02:03 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I'd say we have a strong contender for "worst post of the year" and we're only 3 months in. Impressive.

I never understood arrogant and insecure people like you who think they are insulting someone by making retarded "wOrSt pOsT oF tHe YeAr lIsT" if you weren't insecure you wouldn't feel the need to do this.What did I ever do to you.Nothing ,stop thinking you are funny please it's disturbing and cringeworthy

(03-19-2021, 01:47 PM)Gannets Wrote: Hi there, thanks for posting this appeal.

First off, here's the stated reason for your ban as noted on your account.
Quote:Banned from all servers by gannets, reason: When told to follow the rules: "i think you should fuck off back to uganda you cotton picking scumfuck piece of shit", duration: Permanent

As well as this one, additionally:
Quote:Parting shot from this nice fellow: "you fucking nigger"

I didn't ban you for insulting me, I banned for breaking our server rules regarding bigotry. I spoke to you that round because you called another player a homophobic slur and the quote above was your response to being asked to not do that and to follow our server rules. You clearly didn't intend to do that so I removed you from the game. To address your accusation that I am abusing my power and should have attempted to solve the issue before banning you, I did. That's what I was doing when I told you not to use slurs. It is not an abuse of this position to ban a player unwilling to follow simple language restrictions or to accept criticism when breaking those rules.

Your appeal fails to meet the basic standard of awareness regarding your ban & promises better conduct while calling your banning admin abusive. I won't be lifting this pemaban. You're welcome to try again at some later date.
Oh no someone said the n word in my server?Bwoink

(03-19-2021, 02:35 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: getting banned for violating the one rule that is highlighted in red every single time you connect and then saying "it was an abuse of power to ban me for this, actually" is certainly a take

Yeah banning someone from playing a game for life based on the first 5 minutes of their interaction with the server is very reasonable and healthy for the community also saying the n word is bad?what is this an college art campus? it's the internet and if you don't like seeing the n word I would recommend you stop using the internet

(03-19-2021, 02:03 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I'd say we have a strong contender for "worst post of the year" and we're only 3 months in. Impressive.
Wow, you know what is impressive?The fact that somebody actually sits on this website all day and insults random people they don't even know.I just can't understand the psychology of someone who would waste their time looking at other people's messages all day and then make retarded list to keep them as some suveinier s.You are very sad. god this website is toxic and fucking cringe why did I come here
lol
(03-19-2021, 04:45 PM)Shugloidxx Wrote: You are very sad. god this website is toxic and fucking cringe why did I come here

[Image: delusional.gif]
I am funny how dare you?
(03-19-2021, 05:24 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I am funny how dare you?

Keep replying it's very amusing to watch you losers get mad

(03-19-2021, 05:13 PM)Sord213 Wrote: lol

Lol
*snap* thats going in my zoomer cringe compilation
(03-19-2021, 05:28 PM)Shugloidxx Wrote: Keep replying it's very amusing to watch you losers get mad

we are extremely mad that gannets wont unban a racist from our server, yes
(03-19-2021, 04:45 PM)Shugloidxx Wrote: Yeah banning someone from playing a game for life based on the first 5 minutes of their interaction with the server is very reasonable and healthy for the community also saying the n word is bad?what is this an college art campus?

Yeah, racist slurs have been bad since they were first said.

(03-19-2021, 04:45 PM)Shugloidxx Wrote: it's the internet and if you don't like seeing the n word I would recommend you stop using the internet

I think we'll just keeping punting racists from our little corner of the internet instead. Besides, if it's so common then you can easily find somewhere else to go be racist.

(03-19-2021, 04:45 PM)Shugloidxx Wrote: why did I come here

Dunno.
(03-19-2021, 04:45 PM)Shugloidxx Wrote: Wow, you know what is impressive? The fact that somebody actually sits on this website all day and insults random people they don't even know. I just can't understand the psychology of someone who would waste their time looking at other people's messages all day and then make retarded list to keep them as some suveinier s. You are very sad. god this website is toxic and fucking cringe why did I come here

roll eyes (sarcastic)
piss your pants