Artorius HOS APPLICATION 2
Usual character name: Artorius kingston
BYOND username: Telareti
Discord username (if you are on our discord): telareti
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: RP main, so currently sylvester

Reason for application:
i have had a lot of sec shifts now and lots of experience also really enjoy it, the main reason for this application is because i feel like im at the point where i can teach new sec and lead them well, on top of this recently we have had some sec, on RP that have been valid hunting and i feel being hos will help them to understand the validity of what i try and teach them what is good and what is wrong, for example recently i had a rp shift where sec starting going after vampires because they were ordering blood from cargo and me and tooty had to explain this was not a crime and the same shift i got told by one of the new sec that i needed to stop being nice to criminals after i stopped someone from being perma brigged for a crime that added up to around a 2 min brig time, when i try to explain to them that we should not perma brig for small crimes i will usually be told that im wrong so i feel being hos would also help them understand, since i feel some people find the words of a hos more valid then a normal sec officer.
Security experience (300 word minimum):
i have had a lot of rounds as sec now and after many experiences and trial and error i feel i have developed a good mindset when i play as sec. this is a description of how i play sec, i tried to put as much as my mindset and experiences into words as i could, this is my second application and i believe i have evolved a lot as a sec officer and a player, and learnt many things such as how to lead and play sec in a good manor even thinking back to my first application it makes me laugh how my main reason was because "WOW I LOVE THE WAY NTSO LOOKS" hehe im happy it was not accepted because i have learnt so many valuable things from so many different people, anyway lets begin.

when it comes to the start of a shift, it will usually start the same every time, the first things i will do is get equipped and say hello to everyone we have on the team and i will also make sure everyone leaves their disks on the table and tell everyone to get a clone scan, a lot of the the time everyone already does this but this is just to remind people or help people who may be new to sec after that i will do the most important thing for the start of the shift I LOVE TO ORGANISE THE TABLE, I love to put the disks and trackers in a perfect, organised row, so sec will look a little nicer, sometimes this can be a bit hard depending on the station, some tables are very small, the one i like the most is cog1 its got lots of room!

after all that i will usually go on patrol and go too different departments to see if everyone is doing ok and say hello, well i do this i will keep track of everyone on radio and make sure everyone is doing ok and if anyone needs help, depending on the shift sometimes i will go and get drinks at the bar and talk to the bartender or hang out with sec or other friends if the shift has been quiet, however once we get a call for help i will radio im heading over and run over.

(just something real quick because after reading the next part i realise people may mis interpret what i mean, so when i say "first crime" and "Second crime" and so on, what i mean is "first crime" is the first time they have been caught committing crimes and "second crime" is them being caught after the first time doing more crimes so for a example someone commits a crime they get a punishment then after they do another crime.)

once i arrive i will ask whats going on and if its a crime lord i will start of by talking and try to calm down the situation with words, i like to only use the baton or flash if i absolutely have too or if someone is being killed and when i ask them to stop they don't, after the situation calms down i will then ask what happened so i can understand what crimes have been committed, if its miner like a robbery or a assault and the victim is not too hurt i will usually ticket them if its their first time committing crimes,  i like to leave brig for peoples second time doing crime, that is if the crime is big enough, however if this is first time they have committed crime and its a major crime like killing someone or harming a large amount of people or blowing something up with intent to harm and so on, i will take them to sec and if its still their first time doing crime i will usually just ticket and maybe brig for 30 seconds or 1min 30 depending on the crimes.

when it comes to the second time they do crime, if the person first time doing crime was a major crime and then the second time doing crime is also a major, i will take them back to sec and interrogate and just like the first time the brig time depends on how badly their crime was and since this is the second time they have done major crimes i will give them a tracker implant and tell them if they continue it may lead to exile i will also try to convince them to give up on their crime lord ways and live a new life.
if this is the second time someone has done a miner crime then it will most likely be another ticket, if it does continue a third time then it may be brig time but only 30 seconds

now for if someone is a really big crime lord and this is their third or fourth time committing a major crime after being punished the first and second time then depending on what the major was i may be very very nice and give them one last chance and just a high brig time however if the crime was really bad i will exile, i like to exile because it means the crime lord still has a chance to live and maybe even get back and means there fun is not completely over, the only time i will borg is if i really have too.

now if we have someone not doing any major crimes but just so many miner crimes like trying to break into the bridge or ai upload for the 20th time after warning and warning i will tell them if they continue it will have to be exile next time and if they do continue i will exile them, i use to never exile for miner crimes even if they did it a lot but this lead to a lot of cases where someone would break into places after every ticket or brig time and never stop and just annoy more and more people.

(this is my way of processing people, of cause there are still many different factors like if someone does a combination of miner crimes and major crimes and not just one type the whole shift but trying to write everything i would do depending on every factor would be very hard so this is the best way i could write the basic of my judging and processing, i like to try and judge people in a fair and fun way to make sure everyone is having fun even the antags.)

when it comes to how i treat everyone, i like to be friendly with everyone antag or not, even if someone killed me or has done a lot i will always try to be very nice and calm, i wont ever allow my self to act in a irrational or emotional way when i play sec, so i will never just space someone even when this one shift we had a uh... odd guy saying some very bad and rude stuff to people, i decided to brig him and ahelp it and he disappeared from the jail so due to a admin i think hehe, even when there are no admins on i will do the same and if they don't stop saying rude and odd things or doing ban able things i will just exile them as sec.

when it comes to what i do as sec as in the play style depends on the shift, theres two main different things i will do depending on the shift i will do normal sec stuff such as patrol and stuff and investigate stuff, check for prints and so on or i will do office, i always like to grab a sec bed though instead of a office chair because its more comfy to spend two hours in a bed then a chair hehe, weather im doing office or normal sec stuff i will always try to lead and keep track of everyone health and make sure everyone happy, weather someone is board so i go talk to them or if someone is have a unfun shift i will always remind them that they can go into cryo, because in my opinion going into cryo is fine,  i rather you be happy and enjoying the shift then forcing your self to play, so never feel like you cant cryo, i wont see you any differently and theres no shame in it,

i like to always inform sec on any new information, so if we have a crime lord sec can understand all the crimes they have done and make the right judgement and if im going to go to a situation i will let sec know too so overall i like to keep them informed on everything and keep everyone on the team safe and happy and to make sure they don't feel left out.

lastly this mainly due to recent events involving antags and hunting them for just being antags, if it comes to a point in the shift where cap or sec start trying to kill a vampire or any antag for a miner crime or just for being a antag i was always try to save that antag even if i have to start stunning sec, of cause i will always try to inform them that we dont just kill vampires but if they keep trying i will keep the antags alive at all cost if there crime is just being a vampire then they have no reason to die, antags are people when i play i want to keep everyone happy and protect everyone's experience, this is also one of the reasons i feel like becoming hos could help fix these situations because new sec may see cap give them a order like KILL ALL VAMPIRES and if i am a sec officer saying we cant do that they will usually say" you dont know what you are doing" or "captains orders" so being a hos may be able to stop this from happening and may even allow me to even convince the captains to stop, however im sure this wont stop every situation like recently me and tooty the hos had to stop two other sec from killing a vampire even when hos told them to stop.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? 
first bit remember to always leave disk on tables so we can clone you encase something bad happens and also lable tracker if you put it on table so we know its yours, 

second, if you ever get to board or start getting unhappy or upset with a shift always feel free to cryo, in my opinion your happiness should come first so if you are stressed out feel free to cryo for a bit or permantly, you don't have to stay, its a game you play to enjoy your self so dont worry about having to stay, its not a job afterall its a game meant for fun, so if you want to go cryo or need to, just pop on radio saying" hey friends im gonna go into cryo" just say that and everyone will understand and say goodbye, and if someone saids you cant go into cryo and you have to STAY, understand they are wrong of cause unless its a admin or somthing hehe but yh always feel freee to cryo if you get unhappy or just need to go.

thirdly, treat all antags base of crimes not off being a antag, weather a staffie killed someone or a vampire killed someone treat them the same when it comes to judging and processing them, and dont be too harsh dont brig someone for breaking into somewhere unless they did it muitple times and if they take something ask for it back and if they refuse search them and only cuff and baton if you need too, tickets are the best way you can deal with people, and if you do have to brig someone i recommend to do between 30 sec to 2 min depending on the crimes and if its their first time doing crimes, raise the punishment a bit more and more if they do more crimes worthy of brig after the first time you process them.

fourthly don't abuse your power and dont go round talking like you are above anyone or like anyone is under you, this will annoy people and treat everyone nicely you are their to protect them not to rule them, you are there to help keep the round fun not just for sec or command but for everyone connected on the server

• What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
i have had a lot of different moments many with different sec and hos, its hard to pick a favourite but the two main ones i remember is one when i was a good det vampire and, sec and frills the hos had to fight giant pizza topings and the giant papa joe, in the end we had to kill them, so frills gave me primission to use my powers to suck their blood, in this case there different flavour pizzas out of them and then turned them into thralls and told them to obey frills and the second one was when i was sec and me, maverick and captain and borg friend went to stir stir hell and saw them all dying and killing each other i tried to save them but i could sadly not stop fate, the king or the last stir stir alive took ud through different realities and dimensions and we even brought a dead sec member back from the afterlife bar haha to the station, it was a great shift.

• What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
i cant think of many but a thing that would help on cog1 is to remove the glass table in front of the chute from the brig, many people crash into it and start bleeding and this can annoy people and maybe even nearly kill them if they are already hurt or a roach.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
hmmm a giant sec bar could be great if the shift is quiet, hire the bartender and chef and get lots of food and drinks and get sec as waiters and decorate and get a nice piano and maybe left stir stir walk around and have fun hehe.

• Draw a picture!
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): none 
+1, while hes not always the guy leading the security team I'd say hes helpful and friendly all the same without being too harsh.
I have only had good interactions with Artorious, can definitely reccomend them as they are a good and trustworthy sec officer.
+1 for Art; yes, yes and yes!

I have had nothing but good interactions with them when they're on sec and an antag. Knows how to scale antics to a round to make it fun for everyone and is so kind and mellow that I absolutely trust Art to use the role of HoS to make everyone's round. It's hard to put into words just how positive a force Art has been in rounds with them; one of the most consistently excited and enthusiastic people in the community and always comes into Sec with a fresh attitude and tons of patience to spare even after disasterful rounds.

Art leads well as a captain and always talks to the team when they're in that role! They also are very communicative on a team and use all available communication methods to connect with others. Telareti is committed to ensuring everyone is having fun and playing at their best: it shows in how they handle processing antags as sec, how they touch base with their team each time they're captain, and how they reach out to other roles like AI or borgs throughout the round just to check how those players are doing.

I'd love to see you as a HoS; you're one of the most considerate people I've ever had the privilege of playing a game with!
Artorius would be a great HOS in my opinion. I've seen him confortably take the lead of sec many times because of how much he cares about others in his team. He's reliable on comms and frequently checks in with the team. He knows when to be lenient and when to opt for more serious punishments. I've seen him power through some tough rounds and have no doubts he deserves the HOS boots.

+1
I cannot recall a single bad experience I have had with Artorius, not major, or minor.  They are always extremely nice and calm when playing sec, and I always enjoy seeing them on the team!  They know how to keep things flowing smoothly and effectively!  

+ 1 For lizard HoS!
I am very happy to see your application Artorius.

I have played several rounds with you from the last two months or so, and you have left me a stellar impression of your work both as a Security Officer and as a regular crew member, you are very polite, friendly to the point that when I'm a traitor and i see you on the Security Department i know for a fact that I can count on you to have fair sentences and fair chance at having fun, because it's one of the things that matters the most right?

You like to communicate with the team and you bring a lot of good vibes to whoever you interact with.

When i start as an Officer and i see you on the team i know for a fact that we have already started with a fantastic member on it.

I could go on and on here but let's finish this with the following:

Easiest +1, i hope very much you get the beret Artorius friend.
+1
I always see Artorius as a security officer and they always do an amazing job at it! They are very responsive and look out for the rest of the sec team as well as the crew. They are fair when it comes to dealing with antagonists, a recent example being one or two security officers wanting to execute a vampire who had to my knowledge not committed anything near worth execution, Artorius stood against it and prevented said player being taken out of the game over trivial stuff. Artorius has a good understanding when it comes to punishing different crimes and is a great example for new and current sec officers to follow. I would absolutely love to see Artorius as HoS and I know they will give it 110%
+1
artorius is a delight and ive NEVER seen them lost their cool as secoff, not even once. definitely in my top 5 favorite security players and they show hella restraint in stressful situations
I've had nothing but good interactions with Artorius! They are really friendly and do a great job of communicating with their team and taking the lead when it’s needed. +1!
+1 from me, mirroring most of the comments above!
Artorius lights up the room to see around, and in a situation where even the most seasoned of officers would lose it, Artorius manages to somehow get even nicer. +2
"Gunnar friend!"

All I need to hear to know that Art is closing in for a friendly conversation. Super positive presence in Sec, communicates extraordinarily well, and is truly interested in the well-being of the crew and being there to help out when needed. Has a great way of interacting with everyone and is super endearing.

+1