HoS Application "Corvus Luth"
Usual character name: Corvus Luth
BYOND username: Drawkiin
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Drawkiin #8187
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Classic 1

Reason for application: I simply thing it would be fun to become a hos and I think that I should be capable of doing an at least decent job. I Also want to play with the toys hos gets. It is also often the case that there is no hos in a round.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I first started playing space station 13 and so goonstation around the halfway point of the last year. At first i felt intimidated by the responsibility of a roll like security officer. But when i first played as the detective i found out how much fun it can be to solve crimes and stop antags in this game. I therefore watched a lot of tutorial and skimmed through the wiki and the guides that are provided there. Once my confidence was high enough that I wont fuck up the round for everyone, I proceed to play security officer for first time. I don't believe that most round where i was a security officer were that memorable for most people, because more then half of the time isn't a lot that is occurring.

When I play as a security officer I always try to pay as much attention as possible to the ingame chat, to so what is happening around the station. Then i also try to patrol the station as much as possible when nothing is happening right now, but I only start to patrol around places like the maintenance tunnels after the 10+ minute mark to give antagonist time to set up. Also I always would let an antag go without brig if he get found in the first few minutes when he hasn't done anything severe yet (killing etc.). I also thing it isĀ  important as a security officer to help in other ways then just to prevent antag from wreaking havoc on the station. For example I will try to bring both fellow officers and others that either are dead or in crit to med for cloning or healing.

Depending on what antag I am facing I will try to do different things. Traitors more often then not can just be brigged for some time and their contraband be confiscated ,while you can only deal with Operatives using high fire power.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    • Always get a medkit at the sec vendor, its far to versatile to miss out on it. Not only can you heal yourself from injury you can (and should) heal peopleĀ  you detained without risking dragging them to med.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    • My favorite moment was when all around the station people would start to fall asleep. Everyone in sec assumed that a ling must be responsible and so we started to run around blood testing people everywhere, but couldn't find any ling. After the round we found out a traitor was just sleep pening people.
[b]Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):[/b]
  • Draw a picture!
    • I call this masterpiece medbay or research after the 30-40 minute mark [Image: zuzzn9b.png]
[*]

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): N/A
While we appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, we have elected to decline on this application for the time being. You will be eligible to reapply 60 days from the date of this post. In the meantime I would encourage you to keep playing rounds as a Security Officer and generally making yourself known as a prominent and reliable Security player.