Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Chef 'dinner bell' that creates an announcement with whatever the chef is serving
A "Dinner bell" for the chef where you place something on a specific surface and next to it is an announcement button (with a cooldown) that automatically generates an announcement:

Quote:Kitchen Announcement
Soup's On!
A nutritious Nanotrasen-dietician-approved meal of [Dish name] is now being served in the cafeteria. Bon appetit!

Or something similar that sounds silly.

Why? Because sometimes I make hilarious sounding soups (Glass shard, cigarette butt and Hot dog soup with Mustard & jenkem broth or something) and it would be funny to announce that over the radio instead of people just seeing it if they mouse over it.
Wouldn't be opposed to this, but the party line can serve the same purpose.
We could also remove announcement computers and just use the party line for that, too.

This seems like a fun idea to bring more players to the kitchen, I feel like it would certainly be appreciated on the RP server. It's easy for a Chef's voice to get lost in the hurricane of General Chat. As long as it isn't obnoxious, this seems like a cool idea.
Good idea, very funny
I think this would work if it was like in "hearing" range. Maybe like 20 tile radius. If it was a station wide announcement like the announcement computer then I think that's too much.
It could be an announcement that gets broadcasted only in civilian areas.

Alternatively, there could be announcement screens on walls in several locations around the station that light up whenever an announcement is up. Other departments could benefit from that to advertise stuff without having to do it over the radio. See a lit screen while going down the hallway? Why not check it out, there could be something interesting. You could even attach pictures to your posts, like a picture of your dish or a pile of botany product, or a humanized monkey half dead from radiation in a post asking for volunteers at medical research. That may be a whole other suggestion.
(03-18-2021, 09:48 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I think this would work if it was like in "hearing" range. Maybe like 20 tile radius. If it was a station wide announcement like the announcement computer then I think that's too much.

Yeah. Just like, a loud triangle they can bang anyone near the kitchen would hear
bump for consideration