Mentor application : Kaiden Mitchell
Big Grin 
Usual character name: Kaiden Mitchell 
BYOND username: Matlap 
Discord username (if you are on our discord): matlap#4890. 
Recommended by (if applicable): Arthur Holiday 
Goon servers you play: Goon main NoRP 

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):   
Hello! I play as Kaiden Mitchell on goon main. I’ve been playing on goon for around 6 months now. I still fondly remember my first round ever. I immediately mhelped something around the lines of “what the hell is this” after stepped out of the arrivals shuttle, quickly greeted by a crater in the floor and a depressurized corridor. Quickly, a mentor mouse helped me out, showed me the controls, and even took me to the space diner to buy LSD. Since then, I’ve kept playing on goon and learned many jobs and mechanics. Along the way, I helped out many new players with some of the more complicated mechanics like chemistry and toxins, and learned a lot thanks to mentors and other players, like Investiganger Klutz who taught me toxins. For a while now, I’ve wanted to share the knowledge I’ve accumulated over time with newer players and being a mentor would certainly help do that.

As for my experience, most of my playtime was spent as a Quartermaster, Scientist or Medical Doctor, and a good bit of mechanic too. I also know a lot about engineering, so I’d feel quite comfortable mentoring about those departments. I think a big part of the learning curve of this game is the unorthodox control scheme, and I’ve helped a good few people with it. I also have very good map knowledge, which is very important because new players are often confused with the maps. I love teaching new QMs the basics of making money and fun quartermaster gimmicks like monkey organ harvesting. I am a pretty decent doctor too, I've taught a new roboticist surgery once while building a monkey battle bot. I also have extensive experience with TTV making and chemistry. I have some experience with adventure zones too, and would be able to help people out with some of them. 

In the end, I think being a mentor would help me teach new players more directly and more effectively than right now and allow me to better share my knowledge of the game.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application! 

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None.
Yea sure I'm in support. While I haven't had many interactions with Kaiden, they're always on the discord and seem like a pretty chill nerd, and I believe them on their knowledge. +1
A no from me. I have talked with them a fair amount on the gooncord and they strike me as a rather rude person with little regard for how their words impact others. Which I personally find to not be a very good quality for a mentor. Please think before you post.
While we appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, we have elected to decline on this application for the time being. You will be eligible to reapply 60 days from the date of this post. In the meantime I would encourage you to keep helping players, especially the poor lost and clueless new players if you wish to still pursue mentor status.