Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[CLOSED PR] removes detective's roundstart lethals
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE][FEEDBACK]

About the PR
removes lethals from det's revolver box, adds an extra nonlethal speedloader to compensate

Why's this needed?
too many stinky dets using lethals when lethals are not necessary, which i feel is compounded by the fact that they literally spawn with lethal rounds in their backpack. if the det really wants to kill people, they can either put in the effort required to have lethal bullets by hacking a secvend, which will get a few raised eyebrows from real sec, or begging the head of security for the ammotech speedloaders. or they can do it like the rest of us (with blunt objects). hopefully reduces pain caused by stinko detectives

detective is also not meant to be making arrests or killing people in the first place, they're meant to be a forensics role. the gun is there for self defense, and using lethals in self defense and having that behavior encouraged by spawning them with lethals is not good.

Changelog
Code:
changelog
(u)mopcat
(+)removes lethals from det's revolver box, adds an extra nonlethal speedloader to compensate

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
In my opinion this would just cause every det round start to take the tool box and hack vendors which could lead to regular sec getting electrocuted by them or shitty hacking and its shooting items at people.
I feel it would probably be a good idea, removing the lethals would help make the Det's role as a detective more clear to people, by helping emphasize that they are meant to do forensics, not be a gun using vigilante.
Na. Lethals are very important for fighting wizards. Personally I think we should get rid of nonlethals because maybe if every shot has a chance to majorly harm someone they would think more about shooting their gun. But thats just how I play detective.
God no, this is not a good idea at all, ban the dets who are idiots with them don't just remove the lethals completely.