Mentor Application (Mr. Green)
Usual character name: Mr. Green, Green-o-tron
BYOND username: De Luuk
Discord username: De Luuk
Recommended by: Possibly Zumajasa, they recently asked me if i had ever considered going for purple. Dunno if that counts.
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 1 Classic: Heisenbee

Reason for application + game experience:

"Hello! Can you please turn me into a monkey mentor mouse?"

But on a more serious note, i love teaching people stuff. I can really appreciate good tips myself and love passing on knowledge. A great example of this is how Maurice Hendelshoe (sorry if i missremembered your name) once told me to switch to walk instead of run, because of the fact that i kept slipping on pools of blood in robotics. That tip has had quite an implact on my gameplay as i pretty much always switch to walk right away at round start now. I've honestly lost count of how many times i've passed that tip on too, but it's satisfying to see them stop faceplanting every single time.

Ofcourse it's not only about giving tips tho. I also like taking my time to actually explain the basics of jobs (and sometimes a tad more). Take for example genetics. This can be a bit intimidating if you're just starting out, and since new geneticist tend to be quite easy to spot (think getting beat up by monkeys cuz they didnt blindfold m), i like to offer to show them around a lil. As a result i've spend quite a few rounds showing people the tools you have as geneticists (sometimes even multiple in a row, as genetics rounds are always to short). I try doing this in a way that gets them excited about the possibilities, without spoiling everything. Like, i usually show them 1 or 2 cool gene combinations, so they know what to expect, but leave it to them to explore the rest of it.

I personally really dislike when people "gatekeep" knowledge or act all elitist. A great example of this is people getting yelled at in medbay for using meds incorrectly. Why not spend the time you spent yelling at them to explain WHY you think what they did isn't the best thing to do, so they can make up their own mind and possibly learn something new instead?

Jobs/things i feel comfortable mentoring others about:
Medical, cyborgs, clowning, mechanics, mining, security, botany, some science (arts, chems), map knowledge ("where can i find X?")

Jobs/things i dont feel comfortable mentoring others about:
Engineering, some science (anything explosive, incl tox lab), packet nerdery

Previous bans: None
Yes! Absolutely! Green is the best chimp I've played with! When I see them in medbay they are always on top of their game saving people, even when medbay falls to shambles, as it usually does. +1
yes you taught me so much! delighted you applied, you'll do fantastic! +1
Absolutely! I remember watching you teach a newer player in robotics a little while ago and you did a fantastic job. +1
You applied and didn't think to ask me for a recc!? -1 for this!!!!

Joking aside Mr. Green is a very good peep and would make an excellent mentor. They're very knowledgeable and helpful. I'd even recommend them to apply for HoS.

+1
Heck yeah, it's Greenie. You taught me an absurd amount of stuff about being a silicon when I came back from my multi-year break from SS13. Glad to see you finally apply!
I've only recently seen Mr. Green around Heisnbee but I can tell they know a ton about the game itself and are willing to help people out whenever they can. Also makes some pretty good farms in sec. 10/10 Monkey +1
I told them to apply because they are good and helpful and I've heard multiple other people repeating the same sentiments -- it's actually what made me go pester them to consider applying.
Mr Green's a good egg. +1
Mr.Green is a good player, helpful and fun to play with. +1
good monkey, fun to play with and overall enjoyable player. +1
Good monkey, Monkey deserve purple
one of the best monkey players around, and is a very good medical player. +1
yes +1
Mr Green has been around for a while and exercises sound judgement without powergaming- +1