Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
[IDEA] CE can remove items from Ruck, MDir can remove genes from Gene Booth
(03-23-2021, 03:32 PM)Azrun Wrote: Drafted my take: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/4121

Major divergences from thread:
* Access given to heads instead of CE and Medical Director respectively.  This allows heads to manage issues if one or more is an antag, dead, not present, or AWOL.

* I don't really see the need to delete the items from the Genebooth, as Genetics can simply likely re-add them.  Instead heads can lock the gene so it does not show up in the menu for selection.  
* I don't really see the need to delete items from the rkit, as you could just rescan them.  Instead heads can lock certain items from being made into blueprints (heads can print them directly if they wish).

* Heads have the ability to delete only downloaded schematics from fabricators.
* Heads the ability to adjust the price of genebooth items.

This gives heads more control while still allowing for counterplay, be it directly antagonistic or not, by getting the appropriate access.  Changes for fabricators and genebooth are currently "distributed" to allow for secret fabricator and secret genetics shenanigans.

This is significantly worse than the original suggestion. It encourages heads to pre-emptively shut down the mechanics/geneticists, instead of dealing with problems as they arise. There's a reason that sort of thing is discouraged.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IDEA] CE can remove items from Ruck, MDir can remove genes from Gene Booth - by Roomba - 03-23-2021, 05:17 PM