Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
[IDEA] CE can remove items from Ruck, MDir can remove genes from Gene Booth
What it says in the title!

This would give the Chief Engineer and Medical Director another route of taking responsibility for their department's actions, and give players a way to deal with problems like "someone scanned a c-saber" or "free SMES human and unstabilized hulk."

If I knew how to code I would PR this myself, but I can't, so I'm releasing the idea into the wild. Thoughts?
Yes, this is really needed, especially for the genebooth, because while the ruck has access requirements, the genebooth is public and you can't even easily deconstruct it or shut it down.
I'd rather not be able to remove items from the ruck kit.

It's hard enough to replace some stuff as it is.
I'mall for this
(03-17-2021, 09:54 AM)Camryn Wrote: I'd rather not be able to remove items from the ruck kit.

That is true but also if one mechanic scans an stun baton or laser gun or something, it can just be in the ruck for the entire round. I'd say maybe make it so you could only remove normal common station equipment by emagging the ruckinger or something? I dunno.
You could have only syndicate scanned items be clearable.

To be effective though you'd also need a way of clearing things from manufactuers.
Good point, deconning all the manufacturers and rebuilding them that got them would be really annoying, but that could also make a traitor making a hidden mechanic area to scan stuff and print it useless if it removed it from everywhere.
As an MDir main, its really frustrating how I can get complaints from people about the geneticists sending unstabilized genes to the booth, giving the geneticists in question a stern talking-to (or whatever response is warranted by the situation), only to still get complaints because there's no way to get rid of the unstabilized genes. This would be great to have.
I second Camryn's sentiments on the R-Kit. As a compromise and, by this point, secondary suggestion separate from the original one here, it would be fantastic if you could save blueprints onto data disks, *and* delete them. And, naturally, load from data disks. Not sure how many you should be able to fit onto a disk - maybe 8 to 16?

For the genebooth side, god yes, please, YES. Perhaps emagging it would remove that ability though, but it'd be obvious when it's emagged, somehow.
goo
d idea
Please give MDir's the ability to remove genes so security stops coming in on RP at the beginning of the round to tell me to not sell the two genes they cry over having to deal with. Thank you.
(03-17-2021, 09:54 AM)Camryn Wrote: I'd rather not be able to remove items from the ruck kit.

I don't think it'd be that much of an issue since you could just print out the blueprints of anything you want to keep extra secure, then stash them away.

Now that I think about it, this would be a fantastic upgrade for sneaky mechanics. Scan anything you want, print out a personal copy, then delete it from the ruck kit to hide all evidence.
Since uploading an item to a ruck kit uploads it to all the existing kits, should that also apply to removing the items?
YES pleaseeeee every time i play sec and see smes and hulk in gene booth it just makes me want to strangle the geneticist its such a pain in the ass and even if i do talk to them and they say ok we won't sell it anymore there's still 10 more in the booth as far as i can tell the only way to fix this is to make a new one and blow the old one up.
I originally had a complaint along the lines of "wouldn't malicious or antagonist MDirs and CEs use this to get rid of useful stuff?", but if something like that does happen, everyone knows who to point their fingers at so I don't think it's a very big issue besides potentially giving the heads another way to self-antag.