Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Singuloose Syndicate Collection
CE (and/or Engineering) Traitor Items

TEG DarkMatter Semiconductor
Semiconductor converts a portion of the TEG power to a super-dense energy lattice until it reaches a critical point where a singularity is formed the mass/energy exceeds the speed of light! (1.6 GJ).

Similar to a Canbomb after it reaches a critical point it could notify the station of an anomaly allowing for the crew to destroy it after a duration.  Once it reaches the critical point any additional energy would then be converted to increase the initial singularity size. 
  • Idea being creating an event that will unfold later in the shift.  Adds nefarious reasons to Hellburn or "Hellburn".

Singularity Lure
A tracking beacon OR a module that would attach to an existing tracking beacon.  This would adjust the randomness of the singularity/blackhole movement to favor that direction (or closest lure) lure.
  • Allow some control of the randomness of the singuloose which typically results in it just hanging out in one location being boring.

Singuloose Snacks
A pack of incredibly dense and incredibly volatile matter, a frightening byproduct of “advanced” loafing technology.  When fed to a black hole/singularity causes it to increase in size. Could also provide some chance of defense against singularity buster, so it doesn't instantly mitigate these mechanics.
  • Allow for syndicate to improve the strength of sabotaged system, while possibly providing some resilience to a mechanic that can instantly mitigate it.

Under the hood, I would also add some mechanisms to programmatically determine applicability of syndicate items.  They could either be removed from the list and/or marked in such a way as to caution against them.
I think the singularity causes enough damage already. I see how this could be cool, but just having it get loose at all is usually bad enough. Just my opinion, though.
Interesting but sabotaging the singulo is incredibly easy and it's already pretty destructive to the engine area. The lure and snacks would make it a shuttle call.

The event is possibly too destructive, although the dark anomaly is pretty destructive so the idea might be workable.