HoS Application: Killeroid356
Usual character name: Dave steel, Triston Merkelswel, Burnt Umbra, Steven Krill, Avoids-The-Light, Beepulon
BYOND username: killeroid356
Discord username (if you are on our discord): killeroid356
Goon servers you play: Morty (other servers are too crowded and i cant get back into the non rp swing)

Reason for application: Im applying because i think i might make a good HoS, and even if i dont, i can always try again later!

Security experience (300 word minimum):

My experience with security is moderate, i wouldnt say im a professional by any means, but im not inexperienced either. i tend to do most of my work on RPO, or as it is now called, RP Morty, because i find it hard to get good roleplay going with a large volume of people. typically this means doing all the security work alone, and sometimes even picking up the security slack as either a captain or HoP. most rounds of security for me end up being a lot of patrolling and nothing interesting happening (because most of the interesting stuff always happens when i am not sec, grrr), however i have had to make several arrests in my time and have a little experience in interrogating suspects. i try to always give antags and other crew the benefit of the doubt when i arrest and question them, because its no fun bombing a department just to end up in permabrig. 

when i am out on patrol i tend to turn a blind eye to semi-obvious criminal behavior unless it is directly affecting me or i have been called in about said behavior, again this is for the reason of letting antags have some fun before attempting to bring them in, and also just in case the person isnt fully aware of how suspicious they look in the case that they are actually good. when i am attempting to make the arrest, depending on the severity of the crime i may try to initialize some dialogue beforehand, partially for the roleplay, but also to give the person in question a chance to defend their actions. if the crime is very severe or the person is resisting, i will then pursue with a barrier extended and my baton in hand, my taser being reserved for only the most severe situations. i will almost always bring the criminal to a secure location and interrogate them if they did not already talk, and then jail them for slightly less than the appropriate time in order to let them get back to the game quicker.

sorry if this isnt enough or doesnt explain my experience well, if it isnt obvious already im not the best at writing.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?

Thats quite easy, the first piece of advice i would give is the advice i was given when i first started out as sec, Pick a uniform that describes your (or your character's) personality! its all fine to stay as default sec, but theres no reason not to pick out some nice clothes to stand out from your piers, maybe change the appearence of your helmet and body armor, maybe pick up some nice gloves or a new suit, express yourself!

the second piece of advice is kinda covered in my sec experience but it would be, Give antags second chances and be lenient with them, dont just validhunt the second you see something out of the ordinary, try to ask them what they are doing and why, try to reason with them, they won the antag lottery so let them have some fun with it, then, if the problem persists, pursue 
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
Thats a tough one, my memory isnt the best so ill pick a recent memory that i liked:

I had joined in late as a HoP to Oshan, everything seemed to be going fine so i did my usual routine of getting a cup of tea and relaxing in my office (triston doesnt like getting involved if he doesnt have to), suddenly i hear over the radio "Breach in cargo!", "The RD is Rogue!", begrudgingly, triston being one of the few members of staff to deal with crimes (no sec were present), readies his flash and heads in the opposite direction, hoping to catch the RD running away from the scene. when i had reached medbay, there was a large crowd moving about, attempting to restrain the RD, including the MD, Dr worm, who was using his vampire powers to assist (under the guise of "Skeleton magic"). after the RD was apprehended, the chaplain advised that i be the one to deal with the RD, so i had taken him to the interrogation room to question his actions and deliver his sentence. the RD had revealed that he was simply messing about with chemicals, and had no intention to cause a large amount of damage, so triston decided to let him off lightly with a near minimum sentence for such a large crime, 6 minutes, all the while talking to the RD in the cell.

meanwhile, the Vampire Dr worm had left another antag near deaths door, and they had vowed revenge on him, mindslaving the chaplain and going on a vigilante hunt against the poor MD. after the RD was released triston went back to his post, drinking some celebratory tea and chatting with others over the radio. suddenly the chaplain was acting wierd... and did not respond to any message with anything but a "kill.....", so triston tracked him down and attempted to give him some life advice, not fully realizing that the chaplain wasn't himself in that moment. later, another "accident" by the RD had gave way to another arrest, and when questioned about his incompetence, the RD got very defensive and was trying by any means to get out of a jail sentence, however due to his previous crimes, and the nagging of the crew over radio, triston was threatening the RD with a demotion to janitor and a longer brig sentence. suddenly the RD changed tact, revealing that they had planted bombs all over the station, including a canbomb and several voice activated bombs. triston had to ask the AI and all other heads to assist with an evacuation effort while a search was conducted, all the while tensions between the other antag and the vampire escalated behind the scenes.

Finally after some admin shenanigans (turns out the RD was actually not an antag, and was dealt with by admins), the war between the antag and the vampire had reached a point where triston could not stand by any longer, initially he sided with the vampire due to his assistance with other crimes, but after bringing the other antag in for questioning, found that both sides were a danger to the crew, however they would not sit still for an interrogation, leading to 5 minutes of shouting and triston trying to mediate as best he could, before the mindslaved chaplain was brought into the station. the antag, now admitting to their crime, assured us that they would fix the issue, and brought the chaplain into the HoS's office to cut out the implant on the bed, however this drove the vampire into a rage, and he locked himself in the HoS's office while draining every drop of blood from the antag, and later enthralling them to "do to them what they did to the chaplain". this horrified triston and the other onlookers, and as the emergency shuttle arrived, triston and any other able crew attempted in vain to stop the vampire from getting onto the shuttle (which later failed as the vampire took an emergency minisub to catch up).

all in all it was a good round, and while i may not have done everything right, it was a fun round for me to look back on.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
i have no clue, sorry frown
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
considering 90% of the time i am solo-sec, this is a tough question, but as a team i try and support my fellow officers, and directly take orders from members of command (unless there is sufficient reason to believe they are subverted).

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
n-no thanks... im not great at writing and would rather not embarrass myself further XD
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
considering im always solo-sec, i havent really considered running a gimmick, but if i were to do a gimmick, it would have to be fashion police, going around rating everyone's style and ticketing people with a bad sense of fashion.
  • Draw a picture!
I present: Triston sitting at the HoP's desk, drinking some tea!

[Image: USFBpW.jpg]

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): i dont think i have any? please correct me if i am wrong.
While we appreciate the time and effort you put into this application (especially the MSpaint), we have elected to decline on this application for the time being. You will be eligible to reapply 60 days from the date of this post. In the meantime I would encourage you to keep playing rounds as a Security Officer and generally making yourself known as a prominent and reliable Security player.