Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breaking items with melee
I think more improvised weapons should give reasons to not rely on them or require switching. I think combat is more entertaining when people are constantly having to change their strategy to match the changing situation and think on your toes

One thing I was thinking was more items that either outright break upon a use threshold (smashing a bottle over someones head, breaking a chair over someones back)

Other items could gain a status effect that reduces efficiency. For instance, denting a fire extinguisher when using it as a weapon. After 5 or so hits, it acquires a dented status that reduces melee damage. A screwdriver could get dulled and do less bleed.

Additional optional effects could be the extinguisher releasing contents or holding less, or the screwdriver taking longer time during non-combat uses.

Some additional benefits for forensics by being able to identify improvised weapons based on condition.

Damaged items could be recycled for materials to rebuild them as pristine
Yeah Id like all weapons that arent traitor specific items to be able to break over someones head and then you have to go get a new weapon or go back to old faithful, your fists.
Would make combat more dynamic.