Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Makes specific antag garb acid immune(wizards excluded)
Thumbs Up 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
This PR adds a flag that makes items immune to sulfuric and fluorosulfuric acid, and applies it to the garb of nukies, safari kit traitors, football kit traitors, hunters, faustian chaplains, wrestlers, and the bowling suit and Syndicate Hat, along with updating the syndicate clown mask to use this flag. This PR also makes spaceproof headwear soak acid before your mask does, which means that the acid immune nukie helmet will preserve the ever so important internals of nuclear operatives.

Why's this needed?
Cheesing antag gear by using acid to delete critical garb is unfun and this drastically reduces that.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Chickenish
(*)Nuclear Operative garb and some other antag garb is now immune to acid splashing, see minor changes for details.
(+)The Syndicate space suit and helmet, the Safari hat and clothing, the Football armor, helmet, pants, and cleats, the Hunter suit, mask, belt, and boots, the Faustian lawyer suit and briefcase, the Wrestling Belt, and the Bowling suit and Syndicate Hat are now all immune to acid. The transition from the inside of a beaker to the outside of clothes may have removed the fire immunity property of that coating, but it looks like it acid-proofs just fine!

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I generally approve because acid is another easy tool in science's already massively powerful arsenal of responses to antags.

Other antags (except wiz) don't really suffer this as badly as nukies as they are liable to be exposed to space, surrounded by hostile crew and don't have much chance to do anything about having their headgear burned off.
I like this, traitor items and other gear that's unreplaceable easily that belongs to antag should be fairly difficult to destroy, no fun to have your football helmet deleted by a click.

May even be good to go further with it later and prevent the melting of stuff like cluwne gear or the staff of cthuhlu, though this may be out of scope for this particular PR.
I considered applying it to the SoC, and decided that this PR would only apply to clothes, not weapons.
Anything that fucks over powergaming chemists is good in my books
(03-09-2021, 10:04 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Anything that fucks over powergaming chemists is good in my books
Getting your antag shit destroyed with acid is extremely boring and unfun.

Also, add this to the devil's bargain kit or whatever that traitor chaplain item is called.
(03-09-2021, 01:33 PM)Maegor Wrote: Getting your antag shit destroyed with acid is extremely boring and unfun.

Also, add this to the devil's bargain kit or whatever that traitor chaplain item is called.

Done, applied to suit and briefcase, did not apply to pens since you get four.
I'd prefer a mechanic similar to mbc's idea where it adds an "acid melt" status effect to tbe item hit and it will be destroyed if left on there for X amount of time.

And instead of making certain items completely immune, it should make them require multiple applications of acid in order to destroy it.

Though I suppose this is a decent stop gap, because it is shit how acid basically silently destroys a mask or helmet instantly.
(03-11-2021, 02:32 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: ~snip~
Though I suppose this is a decent stop gap, because it is shit how acid basically silently destroys a mask or helmet instantly.

Yes, this is supposed to be a stop gap; when someone makes a better version, said person could search for stuff with the flag for a quick list of stuff to buff.
Something that repairs items could be cool, so that scratch damage from acid or fire wouldn't inevitably kill it.
There are some syndicate class helmet variants in the hat trait pool that can't be removed once put on.  If acidproofness is being added to those as well it might be a good idea to remove them from the hat trait pool so you don't get people who are totally immune to lings/vampires.

(03-09-2021, 02:50 AM)Flaborized Wrote: May even be good to go further with it later and prevent the melting of stuff like cluwne gear or the staff of cthuhlu, though this may be out of scope for this particular PR.

Can't forget the horse mask?.