Poll: Should chemical foam be buffed?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
84.62%
11 84.62%
no
15.38%
2 15.38%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should foam be buffed?
As far as I can tell, chemical foam is, barring a few specific use cases, generally inferior to smoke powder.

Should we fix this?

If so, how?
Make all foam function like metal foam, in that it sticks around as a chunk after it dries.

Then make metal foam the superior foam. The ultimate foam. The alpha foam and the omega foam. Foam so foamy, so metal-y that it would stop even several hits from a fire extinguisher.
I sorta buffed foam by fixing a bug a few months ago. Now it actually transfers reagents into people (probably).
I like kyles idea of big chunks of chemicals that need to be smashed through after it dries.
If we are doing changes to foam, I think it would be pretty poggers if you could reagent scan it to see what is in it, often you can't even find out what chems foam bomb artifacts have!

Also, yeah, tbh, I never use foam over smoke, it probably works better for some stuff, but I have no idea what lol.
Probably also has to do with how fleurosphant (the foam making chem) works and how its made, its not that hard but it takes a bit more than aerosol or smoke powder, as well as the fact it requires water to be activated (unlike smoke powder or aerosol)
It also doesnt help that it doesnt really have a use that aerosol or smoke powder cant do better. I like kyles idea, a barrier that applies the touch effect to a person in order to be destroyed could be fairly intresting
Right now foam's main purpose seems to be to harmlessly expel poisons from your body which feels kind of wrong.  Buff foam.
I think we should consider what the strengths are between puddles and smoke clouds and how foam could differentiate itself.

Drying into chunks could have interesting uses for materials. Another option could be giving foam fluid depth, with foam spreading out then becoming thicker and more speed/vision inducing