Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Roboticist traitor item: Explosive Cyberheart
Right now all roboticist exclusive traitor items are borg related, but borgs are only half of a roboticist's job. This item fills in the other half of a roboticist's work: giving people cybernetic upgrades. 

The Explosive Cyberheart is a 4tc(price up for debate) traitor item that looks like a perfectly normal cyberheart, and functions like one too, but it also comes with an ominous signaller that when activated, causes the person the heart is implanted inside to beep for a few seconds then explode with enough force to gib anyone two tiles away and delimb a decent amount past that(explosive power also up for debate) while flinging bone shard shrapnel everywhere. If emagged, in addition to the normal effects of emagging a cyberheart, it gains even more explosive power but it will no longer respond to the signaller, instead going off 10 minutes after being inserted into the patient.
To prevent it from just being Old Syndicate Pipebombs But Worse, it will only detonate when it is inside someone; and to prevent nerds from trying to get around that requirement with monkeys or shitty bill, it only works if it is put inside a living player-controlled mob(it only checks when installed, so if they disconnect or die before detonation it will still work). Effectively, it is a way to turn an unwitting patient into a walking bomb without any indication that it is anything but a normal cyberheart until they start beeping.
I like it, and definitely agree that traitor roboticist is kind of skewed, but I think Maxed TTV strength is a little much even for 10 telecrystals. Creating a maxed TTV is approx 20 minutes of work and can't be hidden in backpacks and pockets like a cyberheart, getting one from a PDA means like 5 minutes tops including surgery time. 
Blast power adjusted based on discord feedback
It should be the same explosion as 4tc worth of microbombs. Also i see no problem with letting you put the heart in monkeys or shitty bill. If you want to go through the trouble of heart surgery on an NPC instead of just injecting microbombs into them I see no problem with it.
(03-12-2021, 05:32 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: It should be the same explosion as 4tc worth of microbombs. Also i see no problem with letting you put the heart in monkeys or shitty bill. If you want to go through the trouble of heart surgery on an NPC instead of just injecting microbombs into them I see no problem with it.

I am not sure if 4tc worth of microbombs would be more or less powerful than my current suggested power. As for the living player requirement, that was put in place because the explosion was way more powerful when I first suggested it, and now that I have toned down the explosion it could probably be removed.
I thought about a box of hilariously rigged organs but not sure how it fits with emagged organs.

Would be pretty hard to pull off for anyone but a roboticist but I guess they'd be able to get a couple of people.