Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What spells do you go for as a wizard?
I like grabbing a staff of cthulhu, soulguard, and Ice Bolt. The last spell slot I usually have magic golem, but it seems like Pandemonium has some potential after I used it recently. Any Idea what effects pandemonium can have?
clown's revenge, rathen's secret, pandemonium, forcewall/warp/ice/etc
Depending on what mood I'm in, Shocking Grasp, Blind/Ice, Teleport, Soulguard or Clown's Revenge, Empower, Teleport, Summon Golem.
Doppleganger - Another phase-shift type spell.
Teleport: Saves your ass so many times.
Fireball: for taking out people and damaging equipment,
Empower: Great for remote stunning people, also still works well if you are de-staffed.
I get the staff of lazarus if I have to convert the station, otherwise I get another killing type spell like shocking grasp or clowns revenge. I love using clowns revenge on someone who just pushed me down.
Willfrey Wrote:staff of lazarus

Wizards need a Staff of Lazarus that has some sort of soulguard or zombie-raising function.

As Wizard, I like to go with Fireball, backup Teleport (for I am A Bad Wizard, you see), and then some combination of EI NATH, knock, soulguard, golems, cluwne, or warp (Warp saved my ass once as I ran into a guy with a taser, he shot me as I magic missiled him, the missle caused him to skid a few squares away from his gun. He recovered first, and as he started to move, I was able to fireball and Warp him off and recover in time)
Fireball: For killing/hurting more than one guy at a time

Blink: Saves you more than teleport will, unlimited casts

Soulguard: for when you get one hit knocked out, or whatever

Empower: Lets you burst out of cuffs, stun with punches, and beat the chaplain to death through a window

and sometimes:

Golem: this can either be really good or really bad for you, if there is no one in chemistry you can quickly amass a good supply, if there is, you will have a hard time gathering chemicals.

Ice bolt: allows you to take down/slip even more people, for escape or for continued assault
If you can get mining to help you, would it be possible to add more telecrystals to your spellbook?
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:If you can get mining to help you, would it be possible to add more telecrystals to your spellbook?

In short, no.

In long, no, because the telecrystals used as currency by traitors and wizards aren't replaceable due to balancing or whatever.
staff of cthulhu? staff of lazarus? What do these spells do? I don't think they ever got mentioned in the wiki..

Also, in my ( brief) experience as a wizards, cyborgs are a major pain and invulnerable to most spells. What is the best way to get rid of them?
Merudo Wrote:staff of cthulhu? staff of lazarus? What do these spells do? I don't think they ever got mentioned in the wiki..

Also, in my ( brief) experience as a wizards, cyborgs are a major pain and invulnerable to most spells. What is the best way to get rid of them?

They are not spells, they are staffs.
The staff of cthulhu for example makes corruption faster, aswell as more brute damage than the regular staff. Also, knock is a good spell against cyborgs, that is, if you can get close enough.
Clown's Revenge, Golem, Animate Dead, Pandemonium.

These are not the most effective spells if you want to wipe out the entire crew. They are however the funniest.

Well, these and Rathen's Secret, which is really just for style.
What about the staff of lazarus? What does it do? Regeneration?
Merudo Wrote:What about the staff of lazarus? What does it do? Regeneration?

the staff of lazarus does nothing because it does not exist, you were reading someones item idea.
Blind, Empower, Clown's Revenge/Shocking Grasp and Knock- typically.
Forcewall is the most underrated spell