Poll: Good idea/Bad idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Goode
78.57%
11 78.57%
Badde
21.43%
3 21.43%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Changeling proboscis should be way more obvious
It's incredibly easy to absorb  AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!  people in the hallways without anyone else noticing what's going on. The process ought to have some kind of visual, to encourage lings to do the bare minimum of ducking into a maintenance hallway while absorbing knocked out assistants. Currently, the grab is relatively innocuous, the neck grab doesn't take long to achieve, and the actual extension of the proboscis is a couple of small messages in the chat box. With all of the information overload of modern goon, it's easy for even experienced players to overlook these details, not to mention noobs that have no idea what's going on and are already overloaded with detail. Goon design philosophy lately has gone towards making these legacy features more visible, as to remove reliance on the chatbox and move the focus to the visuals on screen. The changeling absorption ought to follow suit.
True. Once the proboscis pops out it should be pretty obvious
I haven't been eaten recently.  Is the big flashing "KILL" above the ling's head not there anymore?  Because I'm not sure how much more obvious you can get than that.
(03-10-2021, 02:47 PM)Mouse Wrote: I haven't been eaten recently.  Is the big flashing "KILL" above the ling's head not there anymore?  Because I'm not sure how much more obvious you can get than that.

as far as i know, only for the ling themselves.
the big KILL sign is only there for when you're getting the neck grab from what I can tell. After that it goes away. If it was persistent and showed for everyone like the horror form does, it would be better.
does the big action bar for the proboscis thing not show to other people?
I don't believe it does.
(03-11-2021, 04:47 AM)BatElite Wrote: I don't believe it does.

OH.

Maybe it should?
Yeah that should definitely be fixed. I think showing the kill progress bar for everyone should suffice
I personally liked the idea in that rework proposal that the ling has to take on a more monsterous appearance when absorbing