Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Nerf N2O to not immediately stunlock.
As the title suggests. N2O is honestly hard to see at times even with the white overlay on tiles and KO/stunlocks within three to five seconds of staying in it, with the only real counter being active internals and maybe anaerobic respiration. It's annoying to get stunlocked in any situation in this game and just kind of awful, even worse coming fresh off the arrivals shuttle as a late join with zero knowledge and KOing in arrivals hallway stuck and left at the mercy of hoping someone finds you and drags you out.

Maybe it could take longer to stunlock or KO, or work like CO2 does, occasionally letting you up for a few seconds before KOing again.
n2o? more like... no

(n2o sucks)
It's reasonably visible these days, having it that close to arrivals sounds borderline ahelpable.
As a possible nerf, how about making N2O degrade over time into nitrogen and oxygen? Sure it doesn't make much sense given that N2O in real life is quite stable, but that doesn't matter that much at all. It should probably only degrade when outside of its canister, or degrade when exposed to tiny amounts of CO2, such that the amount of CO2 you exhale passively would be enough to degrade N2O in a quantity several orders of magnitude greater than the quantity of CO2. I think just degrading when on a floor tile is best since that seems much simpler.

N2O decaying into nitrogen and oxygen over time means that a room won't be permanently uninhabitable until flushed out, but is still a viable method for knocking people out for a bit.
(03-10-2021, 12:18 AM)Drago156 Wrote: As the title suggests. N2O is honestly hard to see at times even with the white overlay on tiles and KO/stunlocks within three to five seconds of staying in it, with the only real counter being active internals and maybe anaerobic respiration. It's annoying to get stunlocked in any situation in this game and just kind of awful, even worse coming fresh off the arrivals shuttle as a late join with zero knowledge and KOing in arrivals hallway stuck and left at the mercy of hoping someone finds you and drags you out.

Maybe it could take longer to stunlock or KO, or work like CO2 does, occasionally letting you up for a few seconds before KOing again.
I believe the reason co2 let's you get up is that it also causes oxygen damage and when you enter crit you stop breathing so you can get up as your not breathing co2 in. As for a nerf I dont see a need n2o is fairly visible in most cases and if it's so close to arrivals that new players are getting ko out of the gate it should most likely be a ahelp.  Maybe you could make the n2o more viable and slightly less transparent.
Theres only one way to get N2O or well two ways. Its highly visible too. CO2 is what WILL kill you because it damages you and you can't see it. N2O won't kill you unless you are completely ignoring the floating white spots everywhere.
(03-10-2021, 12:08 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Theres only one way to get N2O or well two ways. Its highly visible too. CO2 is what WILL kill you because it damages you and you can't see it. N2O won't kill you unless you are completely ignoring the floating white spots everywhere.

That overlay's been gone for... several months at this point I think?  Now it's a slight white tint to the tile and everything on it.
Huh. Weird. Id need to see the new overlay for N2O to know if its any good.
Here's an example:
[Image: kBtNjMU.png]
Make it easier to see. People wear internals 100% of the time nowadays. It's not hard to save people from it. Make the stun effect similar to changeling stings where you sigh or drool for a moment before you get knocked out so theres SOME warning.
Well that still has white spots in the area. I think its visible enough that you know what you are walking into. Nothing else looks like that. Or well it kinda looks like ice on the floor maybe.
Personally, I'm more a fan of having it decay quickly into something else because I'd love to see it used more strategically than just flooding a hallway.

For instance, making sleeping gas grenades
I have seen this used too much with chameleon generators, it doesn't hide the n20 fully but if you end up knocked out in the chameleon generator radius you will basically never be saved, you will end up there for 40 minutes straight. N20 is incredibly annoying and moves quickly so it ends up filling entire sections and stunlocking large amounts of the crew.
(03-12-2021, 10:26 AM)Drewmajor11 Wrote: I have seen this used too much with chameleon generators, it doesn't hide the n20 fully but if you end up knocked out in the chameleon generator radius you will basically never be saved, you will end up there for 40 minutes straight. N20 is incredibly annoying and moves quickly so it ends up filling entire sections and stunlocking large amounts of the crew.

I mean thats kinda the entire point of chameleon generators. To hide horrible things that will ruin your day. I'd say just be glad it wasnt hiding grinders but some people prefer death instead of being KOed for awhile.
(03-12-2021, 11:29 AM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 10:26 AM)Drewmajor11 Wrote: I have seen this used too much with chameleon generators, it doesn't hide the n20 fully but if you end up knocked out in the chameleon generator radius you will basically never be saved, you will end up there for 40 minutes straight. N20 is incredibly annoying and moves quickly so it ends up filling entire sections and stunlocking large amounts of the crew.

I mean thats kinda the entire point of chameleon generators. To hide horrible things that will ruin your day. I'd say just be glad it wasnt hiding grinders but some people prefer death instead of being KOed for awhile.

I definitely prefer death cause if I suicide I can't get late antag spawns so I just end up sitting there for 40 minutes.