Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make Von Braun/Oppenheimer, the Syndicate Monkey aggro non-Syndicates
I want the Nuke Ops team to be able to bring Von Braun with them to the station and just set him loose on the crew or protect the nuke. Maybe they'll spend their telecrystals to give him a c-sword and stimulants.
Yes I agree
Since stimulants are unavailable to nukeops (for good reason!) but Von Braun stimmed up is too good an idea to pass up, I propose a NukeOp-exclusive "monkey stimulants". Unfortunately, that would be prone to be purchased by unwitting players who don't realise it only works on monkeys... would it be too powerful to be a freebie in the medical room of the Cairngorn?
How would you even bring them on station, can't put them on a pod, I guess making a pod portal and tossing them trough it then dragging them would be possible but also time consuming on the part nuke ops have to be the fastest(getting on station). So I suggest a teleporter, much like the nuke's, one would spawn somewhere on the nukie ship and nuke ops would be able to use it to teleport Oppenheimer to the station at whatever moment they please, maybe even make it a grenade so I could load it into the grenadiers's launcher and shoot the monkey at some poor crewmember. Maybe it could work trough an implant in the monkey wich would be able to be cut out and put on a nukie for a surprise attack of sorts. Anyways, lots of potential for fun.
I've actually brought them to the station once with this in mind (Best way to do it is blind fold them, shove them in a crate, then load that on to the pod)

Station monkeys should aggro syndicate monkeys
Stirstir should defend Von Braun.
A von braun drop-pod that crash lands and ejects a stimulant-boosted geared up monkey
(03-05-2021, 04:35 PM)Camryn Wrote: A von braun drop-pod that crash lands and ejects a stimulant-boosted geared up monkey

I like this. Ive also always wanted to be able to shoot syndies inside missiles at the station but that seems difficult to add in.
Naturally the change to make Von Braun attack the crew would include a change to easily bring him to the station. Or perhaps all monkeys should just be able to be pushed into into pods by people? Though, Franks method works alright.

Alternatively, maybe Von Braun should be equipped with a "monkey teleport belt" and we add a "monkey teleport belt remote control" to summon the monkey wearing that belt to the user's current location. Maybe it should either only work on monkeys or either have some sort of detriment that would prevent other nuke ops from taking it from him as a power gamey strategy.

edit: oh, I didn't realize that THISISANICEGAME had essentially the same idea.
(03-05-2021, 05:32 PM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 04:35 PM)Camryn Wrote: A von braun drop-pod that crash lands and ejects a stimulant-boosted geared up monkey

I like this. Ive also always wanted to be able to shoot syndies inside missiles at the station but that seems difficult to add in.

Yeah, like a little delivery pod. You could probably put it together using the OSHAN delivery pods and Manta torpedo aiming.

Stick maybe 2 of these pods, for (Either two agents or a brave monkey) on the Syndicate base, have a computer that lets you pick a few drop points and then let you aim it a bit around.

Would be great for sending in an infiltrators or maybe an advance team or an engineer to set up a teleporter relay.
Theres an insane amount of potential with this. Monkey pit fights. Microbombs. All sorts of hilarious shit comes to mind
Okay, pali made oppenheimer aggro non syndicates. But now we still need a reliable way to bring him to the station. Shoving him into a crate in a pod is rather cruel.

I was thinking that a "monkey teleport belt" might be good, but my worry is that it would make it too trivial to bring him.
I don't understand why we always have to put people into crates to transport them in pods anyway, why don't we just change it so you can put people into pods as passengers?