Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI: Uniform appearance & polish, alternate looks?
I'm working on new sprites for our lovely AI. What I'd really like to see in the game is equalizing all AI displays - the mainframe, the upload terminal and the status displays - and changing all of them when the AI updates it's status. I hope this is easy enough for the coders to realize, as I really think the AI could benefit from a uniform appearance across the station.

I have most of the work done to make all of the AI displays look like the mainframe smiley, including all emotions. However 1) I can't remember all emotions 2) I don't have access to the "wrecked" versions of the mainframe sprite, which means I can't supply those. Once I have all emotions and all mainframe sprites, I'll upload the complete, game-ready sprite.

Also, once that's done, perhaps it might open the way for alternate appearances that AIs could select at game start? I could also work on sprites for these. I dunno how difficult the coding work involved would be, but that'd be really great, since players have very different AI personalities and sometimes the smiley face just doesn't fit.

I got the following emotions done: happy, very happy, sad, angry, neutral, BSOD. Am I missing anything?

Anyway, here's a preview:

[Image: test4.gif]

What do you think of the idea (and the spritework)?
You could make one for when the AI is thinking or busy, like an hourglass!
Adding bonus emotions really wouldn't be a problem spriting-wise.

I really need those wrecked AI sprites to continue my work, though.. :c
They're adorable

Now we need some background colours e.g. a lovely shade of red
also allowing the AI to do emotes to change face would be great
These are amazing and needs to be included as soon as possible so I can be even more adorable as an AI.
(the AI resprite was the best thing ever)
yes. just yes. I would love to see the ai's face change when it sets its status.
ividyon Wrote:Adding bonus emotions really wouldn't be a problem spriting-wise.

I really need those wrecked AI sprites to continue my work, though.. :c

I love these sprites so:

[Image: DamagedAI.png] [Image: DeadAI.png]