HoS Application - Silus Ward/Niel Gavial
Usual character name: Silus Ward/Niel Gavial
BYOND username: SynthFox
Discord username (if you are on our discord): SynthFox #5511
Recommended by (if applicable): Justin Falkin, Drago Kitterson
Goon servers you play: Goon Classic 1, Goon Roleplay 4

Reason for application: I was told I would make a good Head of Security by multiple people

Security experience (300 word minimum): 
In comparison to other people I haven't been playing for a very long time. I've only been playing since September, but I feel like I've become very experienced in the ways and one might even say I've become somewhat "robust." I know when to interfere in something and when to let something go. Very early on I may have yelled at someone for holding a cannabis leaf because I saw the big scary C above their head. Now I understand space law and people's right to privacy and searches.

I first started playing security as detective since at the time it was basically baby security, much like the security assistant now. I was a bit nervous about having so many responsibilities at first. A good or bad security team can decide whether a round is fun or annoying. A bad security team extremely focus on killing antagonists and go on a ruthless hunt. A good security team might eject a changeling from the station instead of killing it or putting a muzzle on a vampire. Killing antagonists, or anyone for that matter, should always be left as a very last resort. I know to work with my fellow security officers in order to corner someone or to request backup. Listening to your fellow officers can make the difference between life and death, they can provide critical information like what a traitor is equipped with or how many thralls a vampire may have. Knowing what to prioritize in times of panic and chaos is an important skill to have. During a revolution shift securing cargo and protecting the heads is usually more important than chasing down every revolutionary to convert or kill them. In a round where holes and hull breaches are common ensuring the AI and AI upload is secure is important as well since it usually comes down to the borgs to fix hull breaches and re-pressurize.

Answer two or more of the following:
What advice would you give to other sec players?
Antagonists, despite the name, aren't a thing that exists purely to be killed or borged etc. Killing all the antagonists makes the round less fun for everyone, especially early into the shift.

What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
One of my favorite moments was the first time finding out you could give people swirlies, its since been my favorite form of punishment for minor crimes.

Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
When being the only security officer I may ask the AI for a lot of assistance, while being in a team I may stay in the security section and watch the cameras.

What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? 
Making the detective revolver not cause blood splatters when shooting a stun round would cause people to assume the detective is a crazy gun wielding maniac much less often.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
The clown trips me over
I shove the clown over and fart
This long continues 

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
Being a complete Paul Blart mall cop rip off and mastering the segway.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None
Absolutely yes +1! Silus is an amazing officer on main and a lot if not all of what I could hope for in an officer. They have effective communication, making their team aware of situations in a clear manner and getting the right info out of people. Good judgement as they know when to let things slide, when to question shady people, and when to pull out the trusty baton. They are also robust enough to hold their own in a firefight longer than a few seconds and know how to deal with antags, and they've never been particular unfair in my experiences and they seem to be a pretty good peacekeeper, de-escalating situations considerably.

I'm more than confident they would make a good HoS!
I've had some fun rounds working with and against Silus, reckon you'd do a great job
Silus is one of the officers on main I can honestly say I trust completely, he talks with his team very often, is willing to do investigative work and talk to other people to find out who the bad guy is, and is never unfair to the bad guys when he does catch them. +1
+1, Silus is a good officer, ive seen them around as sec and against sec. They brig fairly and talk on comms often