Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MERGED PR] Added 2 rubber shell cartridges to the alcohol vendor
Thumbs Up 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
Bartenders can have extra rubber shells, as a treat.

Why's this needed?
Giving bartenders more ammo lets them deal with troublemakers and antagonists alike with more confidence.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Carbadox
(+)Added 2x rubber shell cartridges to hacked booze vendor menu.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
What if they were a credit purchase at the bartender supply dispenser? Give the barman motivation for charging for drinks
(02-27-2021, 06:10 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: What if they were a credit purchase at the bartender supply dispenser? Give the  barman motivation for charging for drinks

Yes. I like this
(02-27-2021, 09:54 AM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 06:10 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: What if they were a credit purchase at the bartender supply dispenser? Give the  barman motivation for charging for drinks

Yes. I like this

+1 please
Issue with putting it in a vending is it's pretty trivial to empty one with mechcomp stuff.

If you're keeping it at spawning with boxes, I feel like 1 would do for bonking drunks and antags. Don't really get bartender unless I try so I'm poorly suited to judging this, but I'm a bit worried that if they get too much some people will start going "Hey I can powergame with this"
Everything is easy to cheese with mechcomp stuff. It's almost impossible to balance shit around nerds that know packets. They can even get in the super locked shit like the HoS locker.
I don't mean packets easy, I mean walking back and forth in a tripwire easy.

This is the idea. Do this instead.
I did the thing that was suggested. 2 pack of rubber shells in the booze vendor, costs 300 credits each and the vendor has to be hacked.
I do see good reason for this but I also feel like its gonna be incredibly abused on main and RP to an extent, I think that putting them in the vendor is better but maybe make them a bit more expensive and not able to be spit out when its hacked if possible?
Its just two boxes of rubber shells. Not going to be that dangerous considering the barman already had a shotgun. Sure it might be abused for funzies like just randomly shooting at people who don't like the barmans drinks or throw glass at them but ehh as far as I know rubber shells don't really hurt THAT much. Just get one of the minipatches from behind the bar and you are good to go.
Even if you get hit, you're usually knocked down, meaning only if they're next to you can an angry bartender be all that threatening, and if you're not holding down a button to where you wanna go, you kind of deserve the second shot. Even then it's not that big of a threat.

People tend to run from bartenders that are angry enough to fire their gun, and security tends to deal with bartenders firing for no reason pretty well.
Hmm, quick question. Can mechanics scan the vending machine as to make infinite sources of rubber shells? If so, you may want to address that.
Mechanics can make infinite amounts of laser guns that someone finds in space. I think if you want to look at mechanics for just getting rubber shells out of a vending machine there would be more pressing matters.
(03-02-2021, 10:07 PM)DimWhat Wrote: Hmm, quick question. Can mechanics scan the vending machine as to make infinite sources of rubber shells? If so, you may want to address that.

Upping the cost would be best. 300 is pretty low and some jobs start with that. Ideally you could afford them midround without grinding