Moon Jesus Mentor Application
Usual character name: Marc Shoenice
BYOND username: Moon Jesus
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Brap (Is it a disqualifier if I prefer not to use Discord? I tend to only use it out of necessity to be honest)
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Classic

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

I began playing Space Station 13 when I was 12, I am 25 now. I have been playing Goon exclusively since the first Donut station, Devstation was released a month after I began playing SS13. When devstation was replaced with Donut 2 & then Mushroom (it was around this time the sec officer & HoS culture as it is started to take shape) I took a brief hiatus and primarily played on/tg/ for a year or two because of it's use of r4407 and I preferred the devstation map.
Somehow after a skype call with the then-/tg/admins my voice made its way into the round end and I think i might be a living meme.
I am (nowadays I prefer to say was) a Goon on SA. I've seen an entire admin/coding staff come and go, but always kept a bit of a distance from the community. The source leak and associated drama was quite shocking and made me worry for the future of goon, but overall the server has appeared to change for the better and I am excited to see how it continues to evolve.

I’ve seen the game go from 1-dimensional characters sliding across the station throwing poo everywhere to its current well-polished and less chaotic state. I have above-working knowledge of every job and game mechanic, whether it’s chem, telesci, QM trading, or even just making music on the player-piano. Because of this it can be hard to motivate myself to play certain roles without venturing off and messing around. I believe becoming a Mentor would give me a way to ground myself back to the game and also help new players along the way. I tend to play Miner, Chef, and Engineer nowadays. I enjoy Chef because on Cog1 you are more or less the first person new arrivals see, and I enjoy the experimentation involved with the chem & food system to make a really funny sounding soup or pizza.

I want to add that I know I am not a player with an entirely clean record, I suppose in roleplaying terms I tend to err on the Chaotic side as opposed to Lawful. In the distant past when I was much younger, I may have a handful of warnings, notes and/or bans for gross/weird shit and/or bigotry, but I matured out of that quickly and lessons were learned, and if you look at my history within the past 4-5 years I don’t believe I’ve had any infractions for that save calling someone/something retarded and being corrected for it and that being the end of it. Most of my trouble tends to come from gameplay. There may be some players who hold negative opinions towards me for the way I play the game, but none would be able to say that I have shouted bigot speech or sexual innuendos in their encounters with me. I don’t hold grudges and don’t let anything that happens during the game bother me. I’ve tried maintaining a strict clean record in that regard.

I realize that the above paragraph does not make my application look one iota more appealing to the powers that be, however I feel it’s important to be honest about myself and my background in the game. I’ve contemplating making a mentor app in the past but felt nobody would have anything good to say about me. However, I know that if my app is accepted I will hold myself to a much higher standard. I truly love goonstation and its recent population boom is welcome. I believe I have a great deal of knowledge and experience to offer new players regardless, and can make a positive effect on their learning experience. Space Station 13 is one of the few games I play regularly throughout my life, it's a game I can always hop on for a round and have fun playing. I'd consider it a small honor and responsibility to become a Mentor and be trusted with the ability to teach new players the game.

Either way this goes, thank you for the consideration.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Permabanned in January for messing around with bombs as a non-antag, lifted about a week ago after appeal a month later.
An appealed/lifted ban by SageAcrin sometime in summer 2020 for trying to run over a wizard with a hacked mulebot and injuring a non-antag player.

I've been playing since 2009 so there's definitely a handful more serious bans that I can't remember. If there are any red flag inducing ones please point them out and i'll address them.
There's really not much to say on this player's knowledge of the game. Really.

As a SECOFF, I often spot him doing all kinds of fun things for new players and experienced ones alike.
Sometimes useful, sometimes fun, mostly both.

I haven't ever really spoken to him, but I often see him doing things for others.
I haven't seen him engage in aggressive or worrying behavior.
The worst I've seen him do is kick around SEC when they're mean to him. Even then, rarely.
Even if they're being mean he'll mostly make it funny or allow it without fighting back too much.

Overall, a seemingly kind player.

There's really not much else to say. I recommend. +1.
Yes. +1, Marc was always a fucking GAMER and a half, really helpful too.
Marc is a pleasure to see around aNd as he mentioned has been playing a long time. I dont hesitate in giving a +1
The admin team has decided to reject your Mentor application due to concerns about rules-breaking behavior. You can forumPM me if you want to know more about that. You're welcome to reapply after 60 days from today, which would be May 16th.