Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forcefeild upgrades should slow down borgs considerblly
Title. A light borg moving at mach 10 with no means of killing it asides from melee while it smacks the nuke is kinda uh broken. Having the borg be slowed down so it can actually be hit would be a good change.
I feel like this would be a good change the major problem i see with light borgs having force fields is the point of light borgs is they move fast so they can get around very quickly but die if you hit them in the head 5-7 times. When you add on a force field this completely removes there only weakness being how fragile they are so now there unkillable and faster then mech boots. So adding something like this could definitely be a good change making a force shield while still really good not being a full I win button.
You can still shoot the borg, while the shield is taking sustained fire it will consume more and more power very quickly. Of course, you'll need to watch out to not get hit by the reflected projectiles, which may be difficult.
I think there's been talk of maybe changing projectiles to not go directly back at the sender but instead have some spread?
Does the force field reflect projectiles like the sec shields? If not just keep shooting. Eventually the borg will run out of power and a powerless borg is easy pickings.
Though I do agree light borgs with force shields speeding around is a scary thing. Especially if they are also horrible chemborgs.
(02-24-2021, 09:02 PM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: You can still shoot the borg, while the shield is taking sustained fire it will consume more and more power very quickly. Of course, you'll need to watch out to not get hit by the reflected projectiles, which may be difficult.
I think there's been talk of maybe changing projectiles to not go directly back at the sender but instead have some spread?

I mean its kinda still hard to actually shoot said borg when they are moving at Mach 10
I mean, I'm not opposed to changing the forcefield further, I still think reflecting projectiles in the way it does is kinda dumb, but how would a borg move at high speeds while at the same time smacking the nuke? For that it would need to unscrew it, which is an incredibly risky move.
As a band-aid, give nukies a couple EMP grenades and/or have an EMP gun available for the nukies?
(02-25-2021, 12:15 PM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: I mean, I'm not opposed to changing the forcefield further, I still think reflecting projectiles in the way it does is kinda dumb, but how would a borg move at high speeds while at the same time smacking the nuke? For that it would need to unscrew it, which is an incredibly risky move.
Just running past it, and slapping it when they can. It pushes the would be nukies out of the way, and thus they cant get a hit on the borg while the borg gets tons of smacks on the nuke
I mean
if as nukie this is happening and you're not standing in front of other nukies or large objects near the nuke to stop the cyborg, you kind of deserve to not land your shot.
Make it so AP rounds pierce forceshields. And make it slow down light borgs. And massively increase the power drain so they only turn it on when they need it instead of running it constantly.
(02-26-2021, 12:27 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: Make it so AP rounds pierce forceshields. And make it slow down light borgs. And massively increase the power drain so they only turn it on when they need it instead of running it constantly.

AP rounds punching through reflects in general would be an interesting idea.