Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taser SMG is OP
in case you aren't aware, the NTSO role is ONLY AVAILABLE to join if there's already a HoS present in the round. NTSO has also seen a nerf to its access in the past month or two as well. Shotgun really doesn't take aim? Just point in the general direction and click, closer the better. Finally the SMG for a sec officer alone with no other ranged stuns is perfectly fine IMO. the SMG takes like 3-4 bursts to down someone, or like 12-15 projectiles in full auto, and eats up charge quickly in full auto. It also has the shortest stun of any projectile stun weapon available from a sec token, being around like 6 seconds tops if you're hit twice with no stamina, otherwise like 3-5 seconds, not even counting for armor, so the ability and timespan to follow up with a baton stun is very short and far more difficult. I could be wrong on some of these numbers, but I'm sure Sord is probably able to provide more accurate numbers.

All in all the recent changes are some that I think sec had needed BADLY. The old taser/baton combo has been around forever and is just kind of stale IMO, so having the SMG, shotgun, and wavegun are very welcome options IMO, as well as the barrier providing a way to change the dynamic of firefights. Although I'm all for buffing security even more or even swapping stuns out for more lethal options, maybe even making the armory far more lethal in its capacity.

EDIT: Also as Sord said, the SMG is outright worse than the other ranged options in most cases. I personally take it to use because it's fun spraying a few dozen projectiles at someone.

Messages In This Thread
Taser SMG is OP - by MoonJesus - 02-24-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: Taser SMG is OP - by Sord213 - 02-24-2021, 03:41 PM
RE: Taser SMG is OP - by Drago156 - 02-24-2021, 03:46 PM
RE: Taser SMG is OP - by MoonJesus - 02-24-2021, 03:55 PM
RE: Taser SMG is OP - by rando212 - 02-24-2021, 04:14 PM
RE: Taser SMG is OP - by Technature - 02-25-2021, 08:55 AM
RE: Taser SMG is OP - by Froggit_Dogget - 02-26-2021, 11:11 PM