Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Swap out spy thief flash for a special spy camera
Thumbs Up 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE][FEATURE]

About the PR
Swaps the flash a spy thief starts with for a special type of camera with a built in flash.
The camera flash gives 8 flashes before needing to recharge, taking about two minutes to go from 0-100%. It uses a self recharging cell that cannot be replaced/removed or inserted into a recharger.
In flash mode the camera has a modified sprite with flash animation by Gannets.
Renames obj/item/camera_test to obj/item/camera because it's hardly a test at this point. This causes the map changes.
Deletes:
/maps/unused/cogmap_new_walls_xmas_2017.dmm
/maps/unused/cogmap_xmas_2018.dmm
Because both of these fail to convert with the mapmerge tool.

https://user-images.githubusercontent.co...d444af.mp4

Why's this needed?
Spies spawn with a flash. If you aren't a detective or a head this is a dead giveaway that you are a spy or at best have hacked a secvend. This camera replaces the flash and can be used to change it's mode between photo and flash.
The number of cameras in public areas can be limited and there are up to 5 spies. Did you know Donut3 only has two cameras?
This doesn't have AOE which may or may not be significant. Could possibly add it as a special attack in flash mode?

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Flappybat
(*)Spies starting flash is replaced with a spy camera with a built in recharging flash! Use it to swap between flash and photo mode.
(+)Sprite modification by Gannets

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I like this, a camera, which you always need as a spy, and a flash all in one? Sounds great!
I kinda would prefer it if their PDA did all of these, maybe by putting in the passcode because finding a camera on someone is gonna be just as suspicious as them holding a flash.

EDIT: to be clear, this is still a great idea!
(02-24-2021, 05:09 PM)Cal Wrote: I kinda would prefer it if their PDA did all of these, maybe by putting in the passcode because finding a camera on someone is gonna be just as suspicious as them holding a flash.

Me too, especially since I'd love to see photography on normal PDAs as well.

That said, I think this is a solid idea and would be a useful addition