Mentor App: Walpvrgis (Ezra the Mime/Ezra L)
Usual character name(s): Ezra the Mime/Ezra Lyedelle/EZRa, a bunch of characters who I only sometimes play and aren't recognisable as me oops (Oberon Graf, Io Basilisk, Vox Vorann, Belial Vorann, SIGIL, NEOPET, Glitterbug the Clown, etc, etc)
BYOND username: walpvrgis
Discord username (if you are on our discord): walpvrgis#0001
Recommended by (if applicable): Flourish, some folks who liked the idea but didn't explicity Recommend me bc I'm scared to ask for reccs aaaaaaaaaaa!
Goon servers you play: Sylvester and Morty, extremely rarely I play on Heisenbee (mostly as ghost drone bc i like to watch and repair the chaos)

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

I originally started playing ss13 in 2006-2007, moving to goon around 2010. I took a VERY LONG break around 2011 and returned in September 2020 under a new BYOND account (observing a lot because I was too chicken to actually play until early October aaa!). I'm not really a well-known player or voice on discord, due to timezones and work making me active mostly at low-pop hours, but! I wanted to try for mentor as something that's important to me is making new people feel welcome and less intimidated. In a vaguely-related hobby/fandom, I've been DMing in D&D for about 8 years, and found that I love guiding people and helping them to find their footing with game mechanics. I feel the same way about ss13. When I picked ss13 up again last year, mentorhelps gave me a lot of confidence to stick with the game, and the community has had such a positive impact on me personally (I wouldn't be doing pixel art again if it weren't for Goonstation, tbh) that I want to share some back. : )

With regards to ingame experience, I tend to play a variety of roles, mostly favouring medical and research-related jobs. I'm well versed in chemistry, artifacts, medical, robotics and genetics, and semi-often roll Medical Director and Research Director (not so much lately as I don't get to wander around the station much as MD or RD). I play borg every couple of days (not AI, though I know AI interface/functions decently enough). I play ghost drone A LOT, and am decent at various construction/deconstruction and repair tasks. Janitor is a frequent fave that I know the ins and outs of.

Used to play other civilian roles like botany and sometimes chef more frequently, but I think medsci is where my heart is set, haha. I also have some small experience as Sec, having played both Detective and Secoff enough to be confident playing as either. I honestly play more of an RP/ticket secoff than combat; I am not that robust as I fumble, but I know combat in Theory and am decent at self-defence. I'm terrified of engineering (though I can at least start the singulo without major disaster), know nothing about mechcomp or mining, but I LOVE playing construction worker for the creative aspect (crayons and paint machine deco too, mmmm)!

I also am very familiar with the ins and outs of the Debris Field, mining z-level, trench and ocean maps. Love starting with the pilot trait and working my way back to the station. I don't know how I haven't mentioned it yet, but I play gimmick roles pretty often, and know the specifics of most gimmick roles decently well. Mime is my favourite job to play, to the point where I would consider myself a Mime Main, hah. I love that a lot of gimmick roles are RP-heavy! Although I usually have antagonist roles turned off, I am competent in the specifics of most, aside from the non-RP enabled antagonists!

In the end, I mostly wanted to apply for mentor as I find myself helping new players and teaching a lot during rounds already, and a mentor role would help facilitate that. I honestly really enjoy it! I might not be great at combat, or anything too intense, but I do love just chilling and explaining/teaching things to folks and I care about the Goonstation community a lot. : )

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

None that I am aware of.
+1

Ezra's always nice to see in a round. Ezra the Mime makes me happy. How can you not be happy when they leave plush animals on all of the seats on-station?

More importantly, they have the qualities that I would associate with a great mentor. Have my vote, stinker.
Walpvrgis is such a kind and generous soul! They are always so much fun to play with and talk with, and I know they will be a fantastic mentor. I fully trust that they will be warm and welcoming to new players especially.

Purple stars and hearts all over the floor to +1 sweet Ezra!
Walp is not just fantastic mentor material, but a fantastic person; very patient, very kind, always optimistic and creative and excited. Mime Ezra is one of my favorite faces to see on station (and Dr. Ezra!) and when Walp says they've got their niches in ghost droning and doctoring, they don't lie; I've worked with them as an efficient and fast-acting doctor, and I've seen them build bars as a ghost drone in a short amount of time and utilize the ins and outs of construction to do ridiculous amounts of repairs even when things seemed...irrepairable! From my in-round experiences, Ezra uplifts me when I'm playing stressful roles like Sec, especially in the moments when I feel like I'm failing or not doing my best. Walp is well-attuned to who might need help and what kind of help they might need when it comes to in-round things, whether it's legitimate guidance on a mechanic or a good moment of amusement by re-painting Security's windows red. They've taught me a ton about some of the finer mechanics of the game, like the paint machine!

They've also got a good presence on the Discord despite what they might have said! They're always optimistic, and have been an invaluable collaborator to have in imspriter! They've given me good guidance there about being able to contribute creatively to Goon and their mentoring nature exists not just in their ability to answer game-related questions about mechanics, but also in how they work with others in discussing artistic contributions and encourage people to get as involved as they want. They're also fairly active in the rp-server channel when they are on for their timezone :P They say they care about the community a lot, and it shows in everything they do.

Solid +1 from me! Always a joy to interact with, and I'd love for Walp to have more tools and ability to be able to use that optimism and encouragement in guiding new players or anyone at all who's seeking to learn.
+1
Walp is always incredibly polite and a joy to be around whichever character they decide to be. They portray believable characters in the RP server and observing how they behave I feel has helped me improve my ability to RP. They are incredibly patient especially with the newer players and always happy to help teach them things and assisting them whenever possible. It's been great to see them become more and more confident and I feel they'll do an amazing job as a mentor as they have the right attitude and such a kind heart. They're also around during low-pop hours where as many mentors don't seem to be around to assist the newer players.
Walp is always super kind and super fun to be around in game, I think they would be a perfect fit for Mentor, because while game knowledge is important, they have the absolute perfect attitude to teach new people!

+1 without a doubt!
+1
Walp is a great person and so positive always fun to play with and talk to on a shift and i have had a lot of great shifts with them, they have lots of experience with jobs so they have a BIG BRAIN and they help a lot of people and also is ONE OF the best mimes hehe, they also make GREAT ART, but overall they would do amazing as a mentor with their big brain and positive personality and would make a great purple mouse hehe
+1 from me, have definitely noticed your awesome attitude and engaging RP on a number of occasions.
One of the nicest people in the community and always positive in their interactions. Super kind, makes time for anyone and everyone on the server, and is a perfect example of to others as far as how to roleplay. Ezra is truly a fantastic rolemodel for the community. They are competent and capable with game mechanics, and will be an awesome resource for community members that need it.

+1, easily.
+1, helpful and generally kind.
very kind and good player, +1
Glad to see the application, Walp is a very kind person and and it's such a joy to see Ezra on the station, you can feel the good vibes and happiness, what else can I say, it's a +1 from me without a second thought.
Kind-hearted, fun to be around, and infinitely helpful. I'd love to see a purple Walp.

[Image: fb243d1661.png]

Kidding +1

While Ezra and Smells will sadly never meet due to their RP blockers, you've been a blast to be around when we can actually interact. You can definitely fill the soundless void of mentoring mimes, to a point where i'd probably even signup for that class lol.
Walp is a super friendly and fun player, and it's always great seeing Ezra around the station. I've seen them help lots of people and include them in their gimmicks and RP, and I think they'd be a great mentor!