Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rebalance ethanol's liver damage
I might be adjusting the way damage is dealt over the next few days to fine tune it so let me know if things feel off, but I think I have a decent and simple way to make liver damage to ethanol better so that it's less oppressive at lower amounts. Here is how it worked previously:

- no damage if under 25u of ethanol
- 0.25 damage if under 55u
- 1 damage if over 55u
- on overdose (100u) 50% randomly 1-3 damage to any of all of liver/kidneys each at 30% chance to hit.

* Note that the damage values here are for Liver damage, not tox damage dealt to the human.
** Those amounts of units were not really chosen by me, but they are sort of the values for drunkenness level that have always existed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

And here is going to be the altered formula (changes are bolded):

- no damage if under 25u of ethanol
- 0.15 damage if under 55u @ a rate of (amt/2)% per tick *
- 0.4 damage if over 55u @ a rate of (amt/2)% per tick
- on overdose (100u) 50% randomly 1-3 damage to organs Liver(10%), l_kidney(15%), r_kidney(35%).

* This means that if you have 40u of ethanol, then it would have a 20% chance to do 0.25 damage each tick.

The favoring of damage to one kidney over the other is to make corrective surgery a bit less of a hassle because you'll sort of get advanced warning of an issue with kidney failure because one will be giving you problems first, giving you more time to get to medical.

Messages In This Thread
Rebalance ethanol's liver damage - by Leeanei - 02-23-2021, 04:39 PM
RE: Rebalance ethanol's liver damage - by kyle2143 - 02-24-2021, 02:11 PM
RE: Rebalance ethanol's liver damage - by Leeanei - 02-24-2021, 03:10 PM