Hos application (Alice Sarkovich)
Usual character name:Alice Sarkovich 
BYOND username:predmetparfuyit86
Discord username (if you are on our discord):Uranium 235
Recommended by (if applicable):Carbadox, Tray Brujas and Arthur Holiday 
Goon servers you play:sylvester

Reason for application:at the time i usually play there is no HoS online meaning sec (and the station!) is at a disadvantage. Also security is one of my favourite jobs. Because love the gameplay and the crew interaction

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I have many rounds of sec experience as it has always been one of my favourite jobs. I really enjoy the RP aspect and the unique gameplay. I’ve noticed there is a TON of differences between how RP sec and nonrp sec are expected to act and how they act in reality, on rp you have to interact with the crew. You can't just tase first ask questions later! You have to talk to people and interact with the crew! In fact in my experience talking to people will get a better response then pulling a taser or baton a common misconception is that the humble taser is the strongest tool at your disposal this i have found is not true. The strongest tool you have is your team! For example: A while ago I was a security officer on manta there was a cult up to no good and the hos ordered me to keep an eye on them so thats what I did!

I was hiding in their backroom in chapel eavesdropping on their conversations when they saw me! I tried to leave but they pulled weapons and threatened to shove me in the crematorium. I quickly called for backup on the radio and within seconds the whole team (HoS included) arrived and promptly tased flashed and batonned my captors and I was free to go! Thanks to the power of teamwork, no one died that day. 

Preventing deaths is one of the most important parts of your job as sec, dead players cant play the game after all which is no fun. While i am not the most robust security officer on the force i know when to engage in combat and when to call for backup which in my opinion is a more valuable skill than “i can fite good”
Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
     Talk to people before you cuff them! They might just come willingly! Communication is key if you wordlessly cuff people or wordlessly brig people they are not going to be pleased with you and by extension the department as a whole.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
     Well for one when im on a full team i find i communicate more and i am generally less stressed as the work load is spread out I also prefer the dynamic of having to decide who takes what case who patrols or who runs the desk etc. I would say I definitely preform better in a team rather than solo
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

Roses are red Nanotrasen owns your souls

Come on down to botany we’re smoking bowls!

• What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    I've always wanted to try to change secs image by colouring the whole department pink and turning the brig into a “happy zone” complete with candy and plushies 

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

I have had a total of 3 bans which might seem disconcerting but only one of these was for something i actually did.(i locked someone in a fridge in space because i used to be an awful person) The other was a ban that kept getting reapplied due to having previously played at the house of a racist who got banned for racism. There is also a joke ban i got for “1v1 a banshark”  i have since learned my lesson from these events i know not to associate with racists and that killing people for no reason is kinda lame.

Also a clown can’t beat a ban shark in a fist fight 
Uranium is a very attentive person and knows how to recognise issues that need solving. I think they have the right drive for HoS and I doubt they'll ever abuse their position since I know they're self-aware enough to avoid things like that

+1
i have had a lot of shifts with Alice now and i definitely think she would make a good hos.

she knows when to use the baton and when to talk ands she does good at calming a situation down, she is also a great communicator and when i am on a team with her she is very reliable and helpful, she is very good at working with the team, the way she handles antags too is good she does not abuse her power and even when i seen some self antags or odd people say really odd or bad things to her she still does good work at not just grabbing them and spacing so its great that she is able to remain calm even in them situations

overall she would be a good hos and i feel she would set a good example for how to behave as sec.

+1
I think Alice's strongest suit is seeking feedback and how she always tries to improve. Sadly most of the time, I can't really help with that because she's already a great officer. She gets on top of things real quick, even when she joins late and is quick to respond to comms.
When we play together, we often agree on the kind of treatment each lawbreaker deserves, so I'd say she's fair with criminals.

Recently, she's being really unlucky with creepy/crappy players targeting her, but Alice stayed really cool and professionnal IC. I know it afftected them OOC though and their will to play, which I think is sad.
I hope you won't let the stress of being HoS get to you too much, don't give these idiots power over you.

Definite +1
Alice does very well when I'm on shifts with her, she tries her best to keep civil and give antags a chance before "going in", I personally have never noticed her overreact to situations.

She seems to care quite a bit about feedback, which I think it quite important and shows she's willing to take it into account to improve.

+1
have observed alice on quite a few occasions on rp. seems to have a good understanding of sec, and cares about it quite a lot, which is always nice to see. +1 for the rp sec main
I'm always impressed by Alice's ability to handle any situation that comes her way; she's calm enough to know when to go loud or be relaxed, which is a fantastic quality to have on RP, and knows when to call for backup. If she's in the round I know I'll be kept informed of any happenings on station. I can't recall the name of her former character, but when I was learning to play sec she was a player I looked up to for inspiration on how to act.

For further proof, the woman is a griefer magnet but she's always able to keep her head when shit's going down. I stand by my recommendation.

+1
closed at request of the applicant