Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
booster enzyme/lasher issue
well, it's been what, not even two weeks? and blooming lashers are already being abused. lately on overflow, booster enzyme rampages are becoming increasingly common. the best thing i can relate this to are glass chicken stimulant rampage incidents. you have a person(or people) who infuse a piece of clothing, go on a rampage, with one of the few effective counters being a specific chem. that, and the lashers aren't very difficult to obtain. once you figure out how to harvest them, the only thing holding you back is the rng of starstones. 

personally, i think botany already had plenty of medical herbs to grow to begin with. anyone who wants the booster enzyme for something other than a rampage probably isn't going to put that much effort into dealing with the lashers, as they can already mass produce medicines, making booster somewhat insignificant.

this also could just be pushed off as an issue of matsci being busted, but that conversation has been done to death already

i don't know if it should be reverted entirely, but for a plant that provides an otherwise limited rng or secret chem, it should be more difficult to do this
I would have to disagree the problem isn't blooming lashers with booster its that its just way to easy in general to obtain and once you find a star stone your immortal currently booster is a increible easy secret chem imo easier then enriched msg which is much worse to make is very common in art beakers and blooming lashers as well. once someone finds 5u of it and gets a star stone you can make the ENTIRE crew immortal with all chems with booster enzyme making you take basically no damage fast and very resistant to stun. at first this was a funny haha thats cool but now its being done 4-5 times a day and makes playing sec or being a antag hell. while this problem is a difficult one without just nerfing it into the ground i think it should be harder to get so someone cant make or find it in 5 mins. possibly make the chem recipe harder and it much more rare in art beakers like near the level of werewolf or vamp serum. currently the only way to stop someone who has booster infused clothing is heavy stuns like baton or pentic acid being the only way to stop booster from replicating by flushing all other chems. while this could be bit to much of a nerf i definitely feel like something needs to be done about booster the only reason this issue has not come up yet in my opinion is that it seems only goon overflow abuses booster.