Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[PR] allows borgs to inherit the material of their frame
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
This would allow borgs to inherit the material of their frame.
Some stuff would still need to be ironed out, I'd like to maybe make more materials trigger their effects on the mob itself when a mob is made out of that material, like for instance telecrystals.
Also, there are potential balance issues with erebite borgs, which can absorb about 20 or so of their own explosions before their limbs are destroyed, if they have a shield upgrade.
Why's this needed?
I think it'd be neat and fun! It might be a way for roboticists to put some extra customization on borgs, and it does kind of make sense from a logic standpoint that it'd be possible.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)zjdtmkhzt
(*)Cyborgs now inherit the material of the frame used to make them.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I'm not sure if this is a good idea but I like it.
Inb4 erebite borgs

as Pali said, prolly not the best idea but I like it.
Keep in mind, roboticists can already put erebite cells into borgs, which is effectively very similar to making an erebite borg.^^
BOOM BOOM BORGS
I like this idea of exploding borgs
I WANT BOOM BORGS TOOO
...can ghosts possess soulsteel borgs?
plasmastone borgs that spread plasma where ever they walk. You cant attack them cus otherwise they'll spark and start a fire
(02-21-2021, 10:57 AM)aft2001 Wrote: ...can ghosts possess soulsteel borgs?

Soulsteel mobs can't be possessed. I have another PR for that, but if it were merged, I would make a special exception for borgs and possibly other stuff, because every dead person coming back as a borg seems way too strong.
(02-21-2021, 11:08 AM)Carbadox Wrote: plasmastone
This does seems problematic, but I also think plasmastone is already problematic

I like the options this opens up.

You planning on using the material properties to adjust stats for frame/body parts?
Wasn't really my plan so far no. :thinking:
Plasmastone at least has a cap on how much it produces now

I want to be a telecrystal borg.
This is a fantastically terrible idea.

Merge it now.
Yep can confirm sounds absolutely horrible because borg bomb but I love it. Do it.