Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] allow soulsteel mobs to be possessed
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
Allows soulsteel mobs to be possessed, if there isn't already a mind controlling them.
Why's this needed?
It's pretty fun! And methods of turning mobs into soulsteel are few and far between. (I can really only think of transmutation bombs, finding one that did soulsteel would be exceedingly rare.
So this would probably mainly affect stuff like chickens.

Now, I'm not saying that this is a good idea or that it won't cause any issues.
I just think it'd be fun to have a conversation about whether or not this might be a neat addition to the game!
It could also be restricted to just certain types of mobs.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Sounds fun and potentially the fun kind of borked :P

In practical terms: how does this interact with the various mobs AIs have? I'm guessing eyebot and borg shells can be possessed while not actively used by an AI, but can the main AI unit be possessed if the AI player is in its ghost eye or a shell?
Since blobs can harvest resources and turn them into blob chunks, I want to see what happens with a soulsteel blob chunk.

Also, this should be semi limited to prevent a soulsteel ling from repossessing itself whenever it died
Possessing a corpse kinda of just results in ... you being in a corpse. Pretty much like after you die, you can ghost again.
I assume this would be the same for ling? I don't think they actually revive themselves, stasis is just a capulettium-like effect.