Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The M.U.L.E.
Hello,

as a regular user of the M.U.L.E., I noticed some shortcomings that could be improved. Consequently, here are a couple of minor suggestions.

1) Add another navigational beacon (QM #2) to quartermasters. At the moment, it's rather inconvenient to manage multiple bots from the replacement crates. The nearest free beacon is Engineering and isn't really suitable as a home.

2) Speaking of the home beacon, allow the PDA uplink to set it remotely. The starting M.U.L.E. still doesn't have one assigned by default, so people have to walk over there, unlock the panel and program the thing manually every round. Some parts of the bot interface are quite outdated...instead of a list to chose from, you have to know the destination beacon by name. Removing the power cell is also a bit odd in that said cell is invisible until you drop it.

3) A couple of additional destinations would be nice, like robotics or the manufacturing area of the main hangar. Maybe one in the escape hallway accessible by the public too.

4) It may be worthwhile to include closets, portable atmospheric objects (canisters, pumps, scrubbers) and large alien artifacts on the whitelist unmodified bots can carry.

Kind Regards
I'd love to see mules carrying opened plasma canisters on low pressure just flooding the way they go with it.
Marquesas Wrote:I'd love to see mules carrying opened plasma canisters on low pressure just flooding the way they go with it.
Yes please. Heh.
Marquesas Wrote:I'd love to see mules carrying opened plasma canisters on low pressure just flooding the way they go with it.
That's the best idea I've heard in a while.
Cool, most of the suggestions have already been implemented! Thanks, Dr. Cogwerks!
There will probably be some issues (mostly visual) with things that either change icon state or get summoned away while on top of the mulebot, but I'll deal with those as they come up.

Technically you always could load non-crate stuff onto a MULE, it had to be emagged to allow that.
I thought you only had to hack it to allow that. Or do both methods work?
whoops gotta double
or does that only apply to riding it w/r/t hacking?
Not sure about emags...in r4407 at least, they only unlock the control panel. Unmodified bots can now carry everything (including people), so you don't have to fiddle with the wires for that particular function anymore. Might still want to tune the motor though.
Convair880 Wrote:Not sure about emags...in r4407 at least, they only unlock the control panel. Unmodified bots can now carry everything (including people), so you don't have to fiddle with the wires for that particular function anymore. Might still want to tune the motor though.
And disable the safety. v

Does doing that while a non-traitor tend to earn punishment? I know people aren't often bright enough to get out of the way, even as rarely as the MULE is used.
Well, I'm fairly certain that falls under the "don't grief" rule.